Lyme Disease Community
Hello Everyone! Checking in & Need Opinions please

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!  

After having an awful couple of years, I recently starting on bioidentical hormones because I'm 50 years old (almost 51 now).  I have to tell you that I'm feeling SO MUCH BETTER!!!  OMG...I feel like I have a new lease on life and I guess I didn't realize that menopause could cause so many problems.

I saw my LLMD a few months ago (Dr S in San Francisco) and my most recent lyme tests are showing positive of course.  He wants me to start on ABX but I'm questioning whether I should or not since I'm feeling so good.  I am still having tinnitus that seems to come and go and occasional funny things like creepy crawlies, stuff like that.

To be honest, I'm worried that I may make my tinnitus worse by taking ABX....I really don't know what to do.

I should add that I also started seeing a new integrative doctor here in Pleasanton along with Dr S.  She is wonderful!!!  

Anyhow, if you were me...testing positive for lyme but feeling really pretty good, would you go on the ABX treatment and risk the tinnitus getting worse?  

Hope everyone is doing well and thank you!

Carrie
If testing positive, I would definitely take abx. I was bitten over 20 years ago and wasn't that sick. I didn't know about Lyme then. When I started treatment last March I couldn't even walk. It can come and go but definitely treat it so you don't get like I was.
no time for a longer comment now, but YES TAKE THE MEDS!!!
Okaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  :)  :)  Thank you!!!  I will start them and update after a few weeks!!!  
sent you a PM yesterday, but the medhelp system was apparently down.  now back up, just resent.  fwiw.  :)
I agree!!!  Take the meds!!  Lyme won't go away and you have a very high risk having a relapse.  From what I've read it is easier to treat when symptoms are less.

Your tinnitus might get worse as a herx, but untreated Lyme can also make it worse.  Untreated Lyme can also cause permanent tinnitus and even hearing loss.

I found that taking chlorella reduced my tinnitus. I don't know if that works for everyone, or if a different detoxing agent might help you, but it might be worth a try.

The good news is that my tinnitus is MUCH better. I rarely have it these days, and it's much softer than it used to be.
Thanks Jackie and Ricobord!  I might try to chlorella.  Is that a pill?  I'm going to start my ABX tonight.  I'll be taking Ketec and Cipro (I think that's what they are).  

Also, I'm seeing a holistic dentist next month because my new integrative doctor tested me for heavy metals and the tests showed high in mercury and even higher in lead.  She wants me to do chelation but wants to wait for a bit after the ABX treatment so that my body is not going through too much at once.  I love this new doctor!!!  I don't see her again for another couple of months.

Hope you all are having a good day!
I haven't looked into the holistic dentistry approach, but my regular-type dentist said I should leave my old mercury amalgam ('silver') fillings alone, because the process of drilling out the old stuff sets free the mercury.  I have read that some dentists say they have ways of avoiding this release of bad stuff, but haven't looked into it further than that.

If I ever do look into further, I will get a second opinion from someone who is NOT a holistic dentist, do some reading, and decide from there.  Just sayin' ... docs and dentists are sometimes so deep into their beliefs that they neglect to explain the other side of the issue.  You know.  Like the anti-Lyme docs....

Just sayin'.....
I first used Natrol China Chlorella which I got from a drug store website. (The local store didn't carry it.). Then, I bought a bag in bulk online. It's not so pleasant to drink mixed in water, so I'd recommend the pils. Be sure whatever brand you buy says "broken cell wall."

My dentist also told me that drilling out old amalgam fillings sends a load of the filling material into the body.  I had an old cracked filling and tooth redone last month because it was getting really sensitive. I am waiting until I am done with treatment to do one more that needs a crown.

Parsley is supposed to be especially good at removing mercury. Cilantro is also said to be very good for removing metals.  I have been using a parsley extract by Nutramedix. The fresh stuff also works, but it's hard to eat them every day.

Hope your treatment goes well!
Something you might try to make taking the stuff easier:

When I had the really bad systemic fungal infection, I was taking raw garlic, as in chop-it-up-myself garlic.  It burns too much going down, so I got those empty gelatin-type capsules in a big bag (like 100 of them) for a couple of bucks (from maybe Whole Foods or a drugstore?  I forget) but they are really cheap and easy to work with.

I'd take the peel off the garlic clove and slice it longways into fat slivers that would fit maybe two or three of them into a capsule.  That way I could swallow it and get it down without it burning my throat.  Worked really well!

You might try the same approach with chlorella/parsley/cilantro.