Lyme Disease Community
Herxing- Only at Night?

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Herxing- Only at Night?

I just googled the Herx thing. I did not see anything that answers my question....

I started antibiotics friday night. Sunday morning I awoke to legging jerking at 5am (new for me) felt ok during the day, then last night as I attempted to lay down to bed I had a flurry of symptoms- head pains, aches in hand and foot (also new), tingley eye pain, vibrations in right foot, burning pain in my arm- one thing after another for about an hour. I managed to fall asleep b/c i was exhaustred from the 5am wake up call my body gave me. Feeling ok this morning. just some pulsating in my left arm so far.

Is it possible to only herx over night and feel somewhat ok during the day? Anybody else have this?
When I first was ill with Lyme and babesia, I felt worst in the morning, and slowly better all day and into the evening.  There was also a period of time where I could stay up all night working until nearly dawn, because night time was when I was clearheaded and energetic.  Then I would pay the price the next day -- the mornings were anywhere from feeling like I had a hangover to feeling like death warmed over.  Afternoons were better; evenings the best.

As treatment proceeded, the days and nights evened out, but when I'm not doing so well, the mornings are still worse, and the evenings better.

Your episodes sound like they are more attached to a Herx; my whole daily cycle has been messed with, in varying ways.  The strangeness of Lyme & Friends.
Funny- I've always felt better in the morning and then get worse as the day proceeds. But on sunday, with the weird eake up with jerking legs and then it was weird how it all came on so quick later that night. It was like a flurry of all my symptoms in one hour so I do wonder if it was a herx given I just started doxy and ceftin friday night. Now, I do have skin issues on a regular basis, psoriasis and rosacea, but I also noted my cheeks/nose sunday night before I layed down were espec. red and had some pimple like things on them. They are still here but less noticeable today, on sunday I could feel the bumps. It's hard to identify skin issues related to my illness though b/c I always have skin issues.

Interesting.  I have heard of others having your same symptom set and with the same timing too (evenings worse than mornings).  

Sounds like you are Herxing indeed.  I takes a few days for it to kick in after starting the meds.  The medications take effect and start killing the bugs, and the die off and chemical release from the bugs etc is the Herx.

Hope you feel better soon!  
Hi Jackie-

I am starting to feel worse it seems... It's day 8 of the Abx. I had a couple days this week where I almost felt normal again but I seem to be getting worse ... I tell myself this is a good thing! on thursday I had a sore armpit, I was like what now? Then I thought maybe it was a lymph node. I did not feel it swollen but that's the kind of pain it was... no fever, at least not yet. I know that feeling thanks to all of my previuos sinus infections.

I go to my derm on monday for a check up if I'm feeling up to it... that should be interesting...
Would love to talk suffering feel sick all the time and burning sensations throughout my body thanks jeff