Lyme Disease Community
How long for Igenex results?

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

How long for Igenex results?

It's been five weeks Wed. and I called my doc to see if the results are in.  They put me on hold until I was sent to a random voicemail:(  I hate that.  Anyway, I left a message and I'm quite sure that they will not call me back, as this is their typical poor "customer" service as usual.  Sorry for the negative Nelly act, but I work in health care and you can treat people nicely:)  I have a feeling that it will be inconclusive or negative, given my history, but we'll see!
It was less than 5 weeks for me.  I had the blood drawn shortly after Thanksgiving, and discussed the results with my LLMD during a scheduled phone consult on 12/30.

Could the result be in, but not shared with you yet?  Whatever the case, be sure to get the written report from Igenex to see the results for yourself.  They go over them in detail and describe clearly if you have ANY positive or IND bands.  

I was wondering just the other day about some of the folks who had posted recently about pending tests.  Glad you could check in, even if you are still in the same situation!
Those results came back in two weeks for me.  They should definitely have them.
Thanks guys.  Yeah, I think my docs are just ridiculously slow on letting us know if lab results are in.  No call as of yet.  I have called them before and let them know that I was getting irritated with being put on hold only to be sent to a misc. voicemail with no answers.  The last time, I just showed up at their doorstep.  There is a difference when you are in person.  They are good docs, but you have to work to get in and talk to anyone(probably why they are so busy).
I experienced the same thing trying to get the results of my IgeneX test.  I kept calling and kept being told "not yet".  I finally called IgeneX and was told they should've had them by now and they were willing to fax the results over to the Dr's office so they would be there for my appointment the next day.

When I went in for my appointment, my Dr. was asking how I was doing, chatting and I said "Do you have my results???"  I was the same as  you , thinking they would be negative.  When he showed me the paper, neither one of us  knew what to think (I had a total of 10 positive bands) and the appointment ended with "I hope you will know what is wrong with you one day".

By the way, the paper the test results were on were folded as if they had been in an enveloped and mailed to him (not faxed).  He obviously had gotten them from IgeneX weeks before and kept telling his nurse that he didn't have them when I called???  I think it had been 5 weeks or so.

I haven't encountered one doctor that acts normal when the subject of lyme disease comes up.  Even this Dr. that I have been seeing since 2001.

I guess it is petty, but after months of illness he made me wait a few more weeks needlessly!!  UGHHHH!! and then couldn't even  "diagnose" me or give me a RX.

You might have to show up in person or for an appointment to get them??
I'm thinking the same thing.  I'll see them tomorrow:)  I'll show up and they'll give me attitude again.  Oh well, they'll have to deal with it!  

I'll post and let you guys know!!
3 weeks minimum turnaround is what I've experienced, from blood draw to Igenex and back to the dr's office.
Let us know what you find out!!