Lyme Disease Community
IGeneX

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

IGeneX

I need a lyme disease test but I've had a 24 hour one in pheonix and it was negative. But both my doctor and I still suspect lyme. Am I right to assume IGeneX in Palo Alto California is the most reliable?? I have a prescription for the test but we are unsure how to get it to this lab. Anyone know?? I am located in Portland Oregon
Call the 1-800 no. on their website.  They will send you a kit with instructions.  
Hi,  Go to Igenex.com.  You can phone them or email them and they will send you (free) their lab test kit.   Your doctor will have to sign their lab slip, then you take it to one of the labs in your area that they are affiliated with.  (They will give you a list.) The lab will then draw your blood, and Fed Ex it for you.

You have to pay at the time of the draw, and your amount will be based on which particular tests you have run.  If money is an issue, try running #188 and #189 first, which are the Western Blot antibody tests for Lyme disease.  There are many other tests, but these are the basic two.  A full panel can run you upwards of $1,000.

God bless you, Amy
Hi everyone, I read somewhere that Frye labs in Scottsdale is the way to go.

http://www.frylabs.com/

I'm TOTALLY unfamiliar with their procedure and approach...But if it's in Phoenix and you're in Phoenix, what do you have to lose???

Please anyone else who is familiar with them and whether or not their approach is as good as Igenix, chime in. Also, I've read that PCR is the most reliable.That detects DNA from a lyme infected tick...
Oh, I just read you're in Portland Oregon...I'm sorry. I thought it was AZ.
I would consider taking Prof. Nicolson's advice and contact the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (www.ilads.org) for a list of literate practitioners who know how to treat Lyme in your area.

I just realized that you weren't here for Prof. Nicolson's Q & A Session in MedHelp. The link is below, as he has answered many questions from your buddies here in the lyme forum.

Also, Prof. Nicolson has agreed be a MedHelp regular and answer questions every other month. So he should be back again in July to answer more questions.... I will give you head's up if you'd like. Some of his research is also posted in the lyme health pages.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Autoimmune-Disorders/show/358
I am in Oregon to get diagnosed. Because my husband is in the military we have a smaller group of doctors i can go to. My family is in Oregon and so it was easier to send me up here with them and go to my doc that i've had for 13 yrs. But if not much happens by the end of july then I'll have to go back to Arizona. Then in August we are getting stationed in San Diego. So then I'll have more options. Sorry for the confusion
Thank you for everyone's information! I called them and they are sending me the kit.