Lyme Disease Community
I'm back!

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

I'm back!

I've been absent from the forum for a few weeks.  We moved and our internet was down.  It's up and running again... yay!
  Been feeling ok!  I think I'm starting to have more good days than bad and my energy is better.  Still having neck and shoulder pain and my monthly flares, but overall I think better.   Just finished my 3 month mark and will be starting Amox, Zithromax, and Flagyl next.  My LLMD is having me pulse them.  Hopefully this will help more!  Also have been prescribed Neurotin for my neuropathy (burning in feet, butt, and tongue), but haven't taken it yet.  I've read that the side effects can be bad.  Anyone have experience with this drug?

I hope everyone is doing well!  

I also wanted to say I've been getting acupuncture and I seriously think it is helping with my joint pain, fatigue, and arm weakness.  Maybe it is just coincidence, but I'm going to keep going.  
I tried neurontin for my numbness and tingling years back.  It made me very tired at first but then my body got used to it.  I remember starting lower then gradually increasing the dose.  It did nothing for my symptoms so I stopped it.
Welcome back!

I have Neurontin for my burning feet.  Same as Patsy10, it made me sleepy at first, but they lowered my dosage dramatically and my body got used to it.  It doesn't do a whole lot for my burning feet when i got used to it, so i quit.  Then my next flare sent me running for the bottle for a chance at any relief.  I found that it made me sleepy again (body not used to it, again)  yet productive?  Weird, but true.  I was very focused and didn't mind my burning pain.  So, now I just use it when I am really hurting.  that way, I'm not used to it, it makes me a little loopy but focused and productive.  I don't think it will give you scary side effects, just start out small.  
Hi there, welcome back!  

I was on some of the same meds you are about to start, and they worked really well and I had very few side effects.  I hope the same for you!

Hi there, I also haven't been on in awhile, hope everyone is well.  I need to post a question.  Thanks