Lyme Disease Community
Joint cracking, grinding knees occured after I got lyme disease why?

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Is it because it produces lactic acid, causing me to be very acidic and encouraging high uric acid?
Is it that the bacteria is taking my magnesium, effecting silica or manganese?  Has any body got more answers than I have?  Crepitus according to one recoverer is due to hard acid crystals causing the grinding/cracking (noise) etc. She reccomends cider vinegar/multi vit/min/molases/honey/epson salt hot baths (spirochetes hate this) and low saturated fats!  To kill the lyme bacteria some say low carb and high fat, med protein, some say high lean protein and vegetables, and some say alkalise, Allicin max suppost to remove the Borrelia and co-infections.
I can feel the damage and crepitus in my knee just by feeling it.  I developed within 4 months of being bitten.  Got pains everywhere. Jaw ached, legs burned could hardly walk on them it was that bad. I could not stop crying (emotionally breaking down) despite all the MANY pains and numbness in hands and feet, I would get upset for nothing, was very run down, tired and would need to lie down with exhaustion.  High fat via pork and fatty meats brought me a huge amount of relief, no relief to any of the crepitus, no improvement with knees but huge relief with jaw and no pain.  The fat acted like a wonderful antibiotic, really helping. Meat and the fat acidic and so is the lyme by-products. The fats increase pH of urine, full of fatty acids, yet they allow calcium and magnesium to enter.  LDL cholesterol can neutralise lipopolysacharides and bacteria toxins/biotins. Fats have antimicrobial properties.  I tried huge amounts of barley power and alkalising on kale, carrot juice, treating candida, even using bicarbonate of soda.  CREPITUS in knees improved with HUGE amounts of alkaline kale and no animal food/ fat.  But within days i was tired, lyme was high, jaw ached, neck stiff, maybe acids were coming out? Meat = uric acid via purines, and has acidic components, i.e. phosphorus (phosphoric acid) sulphur (sulphuric acid)
So the crepitus improved without all the fat and I could tell it worsened on beef lard, I coudl hear poping the next day.  It is very acidic, in nature animals are not obese for most to the year so loads of fats may not be right?  I tried lots of salmon, but again its an acid...  I tried LOADs of fish oil, 8-9g per day IT IS AN ACID, I could hear my joints worsening!  On a low carb diet you suppost to have more fats, to make up for the lack of carbs, this is no good, unless its autumn/winter and nature is offering very fatty meat, well then I can't argue and if its grass fed this is fine, but if you have loads it is still an acidic food!  It is best to eat more carbs but via via grass (barley/wheat grass is 3.6g and 4.9g respectively!  Eat more Broccoli, cauliflower, celery (juiced)  cauliflower, and eat no more than 50g carbs, for alot of people 40g maybe enough. Asparagus.  I think the EVOLUTION DIET - Arthur De Vanny has got it in balance. Lean meat, fish, seafood, loads of veggies.  But will this diet cure lyme disease?  Maybe if we get the liver working well (NKT cells) will eat up the little mischiefs!  Garlic, herbs like coriander, ginger, cayenne pepper may help.  It is strange because in my experience my numb hands, coordination problems memory loss/problem thinking seemed to go when I added more fats, but my energy only went up when I ALSO added enough alkaline vegetables, via BUNCHES of  coriander, or lots of romaine lettuce, fresh teasel root. Olive oil has shown to kill Helicobacter pylori (spirochete) as has mastic gum and H. Pylori can cause rheumatoid arthritus so I am wondering if Olive oil could get everywhere and kill the lyme spirochetes?  Olive oil is made of Oleic acid and beef lard is 42% oleic acid, this fat may have special properties.  According to scientists, the oil helps the polyphenols, inc.  hydroxytyrosol plus others get in and kill the spirochete.
Fats get into the NS and Brain (CNS) and may act as an antibiotic?  they may protect from dangerous biotoxins, they may protect the nervous systems myelin sheath.  Other people have suggested that alkalising MRSA enables eradication instead of taking herbs which have to be taken again and again. I know that lyme bacteria like low oxygen =  lactic acid, they love acidic environements and they act like a fungus or a cancer (they cause magnesium deficiency and alter vitamin D).   Maybe neutralising their acidic secretions will not help them survive and if we remain more alkaline our cells can be better oxygenated and so will the lyme bacteria but it doesn't like this, is coudl eradicate it. Well, I was very excited by this theory, I consumed so much kale, barley max and everything to make my urine as green as kale....  I was getting a pH of 9 for a while after eating loads of kale esp. within an hour it would go to pH8 and if I ate no protein, no fat/oil, no fruit, just all greens it would stay at green, and I was happy. My knees sounded better BUT....  within a few days like 2 1/2 I felt tired and quite ill.  I would lie their and feel like I had done something wrong!  Anyone suppost to do this stuff gradually. I felt burning in my legs, felt like acids coming out, I got tired.  I wanted to persist...  so I did eat some protein but still went very high on the kale, and barley/wheat grasses and legs burnt more and more.  I thought, great the acids are coming out....  legs burnts stronger...   Sadly I could not go out anymore, it was too painful, jaw ached more, body ached more than ever. Knees started sounding about the same, sometimes worse and I got all confused.  I felt worse as the days went bye.  It got so bad I was having panic attacks, more numb hands/feet, sometimes numb face in part, wake up not breathing properly.  In the end I felt seriously ill, like 3 weeks later,   I was on the lowest carb veggies, nothing to feed it apart from 45g carb of kale, cabbage, barley/wheat grass.   I ended up bed ridden and very ill.  I wanted to alkalise, could not stop thinking of alkalising, I had watched so many good things about how to  ALKALISE and heal.  Oneday out of desperation, because I was so useless, I got someone to cook me pork belly and I packed up the green stuff, I continue on in for days and I got out of bed and felt very well. I worried about my crepitus in knees because they sounded worse! I felt alot better, jaw pain gone, fatigue gone, numb hands/feet gone, stopped crying, had energy, went out.  Every so often I would be back on more alkaline food because of my knees.  I am still trying  to strike a sensible balance....  some fatty meat (not loads, even it were one think pork belly slice, loaded with fat, once a day) and lots of fresh romaine lettuce, some celery and other veggies. It works.  Alkaline diet with some fats seems to help.  Has anyone tried this?  What do people think about this?   Has anyone tried high fat with lyme disease?  High nuts/sesame tahini?  High magnesium supplements, high vitamin D?  High silica supps for crepitus, allimax or raw garlic loading (I tried this, my family loved me....  as I tried 2 bulbs a day to ensure my body odour smelt of garlic for the full lyme killing experience). I needed lots of fatty food to protect my tongue from the garlic burns and my stomach was based with porridge to lower HCL so allicin (active killer, apparently, despite all the othe rmany active parts!) would stay alive and I just about made it. I read a book all about garlic whilst doing this to keep me enthuastic whilst being so full of garlic. I even had garlic bread that day. The whole event was different!    Other times I have eaten a zero fat diet for a few days in order to get rid of insulin resistance to see if that would kill lyme bacteria.  I ate fruit, beans, bread, my appetite went up but my coordination problems, numbness was much improved. Appetite continued to go up and so did my weight. The grain converts to saturated fat, so it is a confising diet. I was not tired but very hungry. I just do not think it is a natural diet (beans have lectins as does bread and gluten, even though I brought the yeast free,i still got hungry, the fruit is not always in season and is full of sugar.   I just wanted to hear peoples views. I am really trying to beat this lyme disease.  I have read everyones books, read lots of blogs, talked to many on the subject.     I want to take this as far as I can without killing myself in the process, LMAO! Sometimes I feel like I would do anything to  get Borrelia back, but this is a natural feeling, its frustrating but I bet it is possible. The liver suppost to have most of the cells and kit, to eat up and clean the blood.  Keeping gut clean seems a number one.  Studies show  that meat has some value in a healthy gut, but the right amount...  in excess it tips the balance.