Lyme Disease Community
Just a note to say how much I appreciate you all!

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

I was just sitting here reading the comments and wanted to say to you all how much you mean to me.

I'm officially cured of Lyme and babs, and have been for a few years now, but having been through Lyme is a traumatic experience of its own kind.  

Lyme+ can take over everyday life, with everything revolving around aches, pains, meds, wise docs, stupid docs, insurance, no insurance, family, work, money, uncertainty, fear, wondering if life will ever be the same again.

And here, with all of you, is where I can come and know that what I went through was real, that it really did profoundly affect my life, and it wasn't my imagination or self-pity.  I also know that we can get through it and go on, a bit changed, some memories lost or vague, sometimes jobs and money and friends gone away, and sometimes a lot of self-doubt about whether we really are ill or just convincing ourselves we are.

Yes, Lyme is real, and Lyme is a profound passage in life -- and yes, we can get past it and carry on.  I mourn the fuzzy years that I don't remember very well, but try to focus now on making new memories to carry with me.

I know that you all understand, and that means a great deal.  Thank you, dear friends!  J.
I'm really glad to hear you made it through.  I'm still struggling. Posts like this give me hope.

I'm almost expecting my next MRI to snow a million white spots on my brain. That's how it feels at least.  
Yes, knowing you made it through gives the rest of us hope. I guess I am still in the fuzzy years but I know it is going to end so, thank you!
Right back at ya, Jackie!

You're an amazing support and help, not only for me but for so many scared lyme newbies who come here needing advice.

You're a realy wonderful and special person. I am so glad you've made it through Lyme and officially cleared!

Did you ever clear up the erlichia thing? I seem to remember a while back you were looking into that...
Uh, we've probably mentioned this before, but MRI is not particularly diagnostic of Lyme.  

An MRI shows stuff that could be Lyme but could be something else, which is why Lyme docs tend to use SPECT scans, which show areas of low blood flow in the brain, meaning swelling, which is what Lyme causes.  
Back at you!

I'm so impressed with the completeness of your recovery.  I stopped treating last summer, but still have symptoms and experiences flares, exhaustion, pain, etc.  Much more manageable than before treatment, but still impacting my life.

You are right about the profound impact this illness can make on life.  Getting sick is bad enough.  Not having an obvious path to diagnosis and treatment coupled with the mental confusion and anxiety that Lyme and co-infections can cause sums up to an overwhelming nightmare.

I only finally got my diagnosis and treatment because helpful strangers online guided the way for me.  You paying it forward is commendable.
Eloquently said!