Lyme Disease Community
LLMD in Georgia

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

LLMD in Georgia

Hello. I have been very sick for the past two years and have not known why. I recently was tested for Lyme and it came up positive. I have been to numerous doctors in Atlanta who have no knowledge of the disease. One doctor told me the Lyme test was positive, but its ok because that means I am now immune to it. Any Lyme Doctor suggestions in the Atlanta GA area, or anywhere in Georgia for that matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
I am in Fl now but moving temporarily back to Va with my fiancé. However I will not be in Northern Va like I was before. I wrote ILADS asking about a doctor near Norfolk and ILADS told me there are no LLMD ( at least that ILADS recommends) between FL and Northern Va. You could email them to see if anything has changed. Otherwise, PM me and I can give you the names of LLMD's that I know of.
The email at ILADS to request the names of MDs in a particular area is

contact [at] ILADS [dot] org

Tell them where you are located and how far you can travel.  

If you don't have copies of the lab work done by previous docs, I'd suggest you call and ask them to send you copies of all tests done, because those past results might well mean something to a new doc.

Don't give up!  Keep us posted --
I would not go back to a doctor who thinks you're immune to Lyme. It is not possible for anyone to be immune to Lyme because it isn't a virus. It is a bacterial infection.  

Testing positive isn't exactly "okay" if you can't get treated. It does mean that you know what you have now, and you know your next step is to find a doctor who can treat you.  Having been sick for two years, you'll need long term antibiotics to get well. Only an ILADS doc will do that for you. Don't hesitate to travel to get to one.
I just google/searched

georgia lyme

and the first hit was for a Georgia Lyme disease association.  

Local groups like that vary in quality of information, but it's a reasonable place to start, because they may have good information on who the local docs are that treat according to ILADS approaches.