Lyme Disease Community
LLMD in the nyc area?

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

LLMD in the nyc area?

Hi all, I am looking for a LLMD in the NYC area.  Please send me an email if you know of any.  My e-mail address is ***@****.  It is greatly appreciated.

Also,  just to vent alittle......

I have recently tested positive for lyme but the doctors WON'T treat me!  I have seen about 30 doctors.  In and out of the hospital.  For the past 2 months.  No one can figure out whats wrong with me.  Finally a blood test showed that I have lyme.  The western blot was positive and the elisa was "slightly positive".  My regular md says it doesnt matter whether i get treated now, or 4 weeks from now if i have lyme!!  The infectious disease doctor says that it most likely isn't lyme, even though both tests came back positive!  It's amazing.  After the longest 2 months of my life of being told by doctor after doctor that it's all in my head, i'm depressed, i need to start drinking alcohol, i should start playing tennis, i need psychiatric help.....(the list goes on and on)  i finally have an answer and noone wants to treat me.

It's up to me now to not only be my own doctor, but to find a doctor who can help me!  I have been researching like crazy on the web, and got some books from the library.  I feel like i am embarking on a long journey.
Welcome to the very strange world of Lyme!  Your experience sounds very much like what many, many of us have been through.  You got me beat on the number of docs you saw, tho:  I 'only' had to go through 20 to get diagnosed properly, compared to your 30!

The system here blocks email addresses, but if you look at the top of the page in the upper right, you'll see 'inbox.'  If there is a private message for you there, there will be a little number, like 'inbox (1)'.  Click on it and you'll find the message there.

Someone here recently recommended a doc in NY, I recall -- you might search in the 'search' box at the top of this page for 'new york' or 'nyc'.  

Also check the ILADS [dot] org website, which is the main Lyme doc group, and I am told they have a referral function, but I haven't used it.

Also, Columbia U medical center has a Lyme research center, but I don't know that they take patients or make referrals.  They are very cutting edge at Columbia.  Check their website.

I'm guessing someone will post a message here to respond to your request in the next day or so ... if not, post again, and we'll see what we can find.

fwiw, infectious disease docs are, along with rheumatologists, the biggest 'Lyme deniers' out there.  So the reaction you got from the ID doc is not a surprise.  I got the same routine out here in California, where docs are also known to say, 'We don't have Lyme here.'

Once you find a doc you click with, life will start to get better.  Hang in there!  You are now officially on your way to getting better.  
I just searched online for

llmd staten island

and got a bunch of hits.  Try it!