LOW BACK PAIN
HAS ANYONE BEEN TREATED WITH LYME DISEASE VERY EARLY,  AND A FEW MONTHS LATER DEVELOPED BACK PAIN.  MY DOCTOR SAID IT IS TOO EARLY IF I HAVE CHRONIC LYME TO HAVE BACK PAIN AND GAVE MY MUSCLE RELAXERS.
It's often hard to determine how soon after infection diagnosis and treatment is begun, because many of us never see the tick, don't get a rash, and may have been previously infected long ago without too many symptoms, but a reinfection can ramp up the aches, pains and problems.  There is much about Lyme that is uncertain, so if you are having problems, and if you know the muscle relaxers don't work, then follow your instincts and go back to the MD and insist, or if necessary find a new doc.

Lyme has many symptoms that are different in everyone, and different in the same person at different times.  Let us know how you do, okay?  

(PS What were you tested for, what were you treated with, and for how long?)
I was never tested.  I had the famous bullseye rash in July and was immediatly treated with doxy for 2 weeks than 1 week on ammoxiccillin because I had side effects from the doxy.  I also had the fever and really bad body aches for 3 days.  Everything dissapeared and I was fine.  Than about a week ago my lower back hurt really bad that I could not stand straight,  it's  a little better now but still really sore,  I also get upper back and shoulderblade pain. My doc said it did not sound like lyme because it was to soon to have these symptoms.  And my pain was not always in a specific place.  So he told me to take ibuprofen and flexoral,  and follow up in 10 days.  He said chronic lyme would start much later.  I just have weird pains,  that I never had before.  what are your thought.  thanks
Points to you and your doc for jumping on the Lyme so quickly!  That's good news.

Although 3 weeks' treatment is in the so-called 'standard treatment' range, it may not be enough, because Lyme bacteria are not quite like others and there are characteristics of the bacteria that are still being discovered.  It's also possible that you got another disease from the same time when you were bitten.

I don't understand on what basis it is 'too early' for you to have additional pain ... again, there is so much not known about Lyme, and it is different in everyone.

If you doc is not willing to jump on this and test your further and treat you further, then in your shoes, I'd get a second opinion from a Lyme specialist.  Let us know how you do, okay?
Hi,  - long story short - I have had 'pain' main symptom from tick bite - started in my neck and shoulders blades - as you said ''wierd pain not experienced before'' - is exactly how I would describe it.

Best wishes - Gorbs
Check out this web site.  It can offer more on certain symptoms that include rashes and sores, a disease that can be related to Lyme disease.
ceemi.net
That website appears to be a stub with a short post about Morgellon's.  Morgellon's is not known to be related to Lyme disease, to my knowledge.
I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease in the late stages of its effects.  I have had the typical 3 week dose of Doxy and 4 months later I am still suffering of severe back and joint pain, mental cloudiness and heart palpitations.  I am extremly worried that this is never going to fade away and wonder if I should seek additional antibiotic treatment.

My physician prescribed me Amiriptyline and Tramadol for my pain.  I have taken it continuously since diagnosis and although it does give me some relief I wonder if there is something out there that would be more effective........

Your thoughts, concerns, comments and experience would be much appreciated.

Luck and good health to you all.
Sorry to hear you are still ill.  Standard treatment for Lyme is a few weeks of antibiotics, but there is a controversy in the medical community over whether that is enough for every case.  You should also talk with an MD about your symptoms so s/he can determine whether to test for other diseases carried often by the same ticks.

Here are some websites that have information and (some of them) referral functions to Lyme specialists:

ilads [dot] org
lymediseaseassociation [dot] org
truthaboutlymedisease [dot] com
lymenet [dot] org
chroniclymedisease [dot] com

You can also google or otherwise search "LLMD [name of your city or area]" and see what you get.

Best wishes -- let us know how you do, okay?
For what it's worth, I agree, I don't believe you were treated long enough and should be rechecked.  Some folks have to be treated for 3 months, which then you have to see a LLMD to do this as some regular ID doctors won't do this.