Lyme Disease Community
LYME Diet Plan to share with all
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

LYME Diet Plan to share with all

I am still suffering from Lyme but will tell you that I believe living as best I can by this guideline I have seen improvement. I certainly am no doctor but wanted to share this with all of you hoping it may help us all.

Lyme Diet:
No Sugar(sweets, white flour, white rice,white sugar) caffeine, aspartame(equal,nutrasweet), splenda,ALCOHOL, SMOKING.  all of this VERY important-cytes of Lyme love sugar and alcohol, they become very active in your body after eating or drinking.  I had to test this theory early on and yes they won. I had a few horrible days- I no longer test fate.  
Alkalizing diet and 2 quarts of water or green tea per day
add Whole grains, add veggies-all types, add fruits but minimize intake except for grapefruit/berries.  
Beverages: no fruit juice,sodas,black tea, coffee.  May add herbal teas or decaffenated teas, water with lemon(helps die off) Once you start looking you will be amazed at how much sugar is in fruit juice and other drinks.
Keep track of your HERX symptoms-use calendar to note each day-keep track of your temperture as most Lyme patients carry low grade fever(I have not)  You will notice trends that will better help your dr treat you.  

Add PROBIOTICS -at least for candida and yeast infections while using doxy, etc.  Examples: yogurt, acidophilus to protect stomach from antibiotic effects. Digesta Guard by Perque(800-525-7372(have not used do not know if it works)

Vitamins:
calcium 600mg 2/per day; fish oil Marine Omega 4 tabs on full stomach;CoQ10 200-300mg daily-improves heart function, increased resistance; Magnesium; Alpha lipoic acid(ALA) 300mg 2/per day for Nerve function(yes it helps)  You will have to space out the vitamins thru the day, keep the calcium away from doxy at least 1 hr before of after.  I take the ALA and magnesium after lunch to help me get through the afternoon, I seem to have issues btwn 3-5pm with nerve, neck and skin burning issues. After doing this for 2 weeks I have noticed it getting better.  

I am not saying do all of this, a normal person cannot completely take all of these items out of their diet but please be aware and make choices as you eat out or make dinner.  I have noticed a big difference with no alcohol and sugar reduction in my diet.  I like the unsweetened O Water-check out the website online www.owater.com.  We own a deli and we are going to start selling it there.  I take the vitamins and have 1 container of yogurt per day.   I also try to sit in the hottub a few times per week as the heat helps die off.  I was told by my dr the sauna is great help also, but have not yet done so.  I do not mean to push my remedies on anyone but really just want to put this information out there for anyone that may want it.  Good luck to all and let me know if anyone else out there sees some of the same improvements as I have so far.  Plus I am always looking for other ideas so send them my way!!!