Lyme Disease Community
Leg cramps/tightness?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Leg cramps/tightness?

I'm being bothered today by a weird feeling in my left calf.  It feels tight and kinda uncomfortable.  I feel the need to keep stretching it out, but it doesn't help.  I don't know if I'd exactly call it a spasm cause it's not really bad pain and it's long lasting.  Doesn't really feel like a charlie horse either.  What is this?

Does anyone else get this?  Again makes me concerned about MS as I know that this is a common symptom of MS.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
428506_tn?1296560999
Yes, and yes.  That is, I also get this, and when it first appeared was shortly after my MRI and made me worrisome of MS!  But it's also a Lyme symptom.  

In me, I had a ball in my left calf that I could feel, all knotted up.  It was creepy because it was only part of the muscle, something I couldn't voluntarily make my calf do.  Like my other symptoms, it is come and go.  It can be bad for a month, disappear for 1/2 a year, then pop up again.  Sigh.

As for the tightness I get that a lot too, but more even on both sides.  For some reason, my left calve always cramps more, but the tightness is usually even on both sides.

Blank
I get it too.  Left calf always ... tho I ripped a muscle in my left calf some years ago, so it's already a little strange.

My feet also get cramps in them, usually in the morning.  

Magnesium seems to help.
Blank
237053_tn?1258832026
I'm still getting it in my left calf.  Very worrisome.  Also today my legs are like jello.  Very shaky and weak.  I've made a follow up with my LLMD for the 23rd.  I'm also going back to the Neuro on Jan 4.  It's been almost a year since I last saw her... and my symptoms are worse now than they were.  Maybe atleast she can order another set of MRI's just to make sure nothing else is going on.

Ugh!  It feels like it is neverending and ALWAYS something.  When something goes away another thing pops up.  So annoying!
Blank
984138_tn?1359816673
I get it in my left calf also ... Same spot everytime lasts quite awhile but comes and goes...cant really do much about it i noticed lol i think i tryd everything and i also get tightness to alot in my whole body and i just be tryn to strech it out all day long never works lol Massages make it feel better tho for that time!  I am diagnosed with definate MS but am looking into lyme due to other symptoms but yeah i get that too  was worried it was a clot or something!  

you know whats kind of interestingly odd   all of ours is in the left calf
Blank
666921_tn?1254994218
I also noticed the 'calf' problems were all in the left one - mine too!

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lyme Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank