Lump in left armpit
I woke up last week with a very painful, golf ball sized lump in my armpit. I went straight to the doctor and he said it isnt a lymph node, and he cut into it to test for staph. the staph test came back negative and he packed it full of gauze for 2 days. When i went back to have the guaze removed, it was still huge and painful, so he sent me to the hospital for an ultrasound. The ultrasoiund showed that it isnt a cyst and it isnt an absess, so the dr ordered a ct scan which i will get the results of today. What could this be? It started red on the surface, although the lump seemed deep under the skin.
I have the same type lump under my armpit as well only mine comes and goes with time, i've had it for quite some time now but it's always just come and gone and until now has never been that painful but now it's EXTREAMLY painful to the point where getting dressed or picking up my 2 year old has become hard to do. i have a doctors appointment today but i'm nervus to find out what it is..  my mother thinks that it is just an ingrown hair from shaving, but would it keep coming back like this and each time more painful than the last?
I have this golf ball sized lump under my armpit.. very painful and hard to lift my arm and everything that touches it hurts like hell!!! I believe it to be Hidradenitis suppurativa. Haven't gotten a doctors confirmation but I will soon