Lyme Disease Symptoms?
I have been searching the Internet for literally years in an attempt to locate help for my multiple symptoms. I will try to keep it detailed, but right to the point.

Anyway the symptoms that I have that are most notable is brain fog, penile discharge, and dry mouth mostly upon waking up. I have been tested negative for some STD's and even been treated with Doxycycline. My girl friend always suspected that she suffered from Lyme Disease. She also had vaginal discharge, dry mouth, but said it has not affected her mentally as far as she is aware.

We were sexually involved before I started suffering from these symptoms. I have been reading that there is strong evidence that Lyme Disease can be sexually transmitted from one person to another. Also Lyme Disease is the only thing I can find that has all three of my symptoms. I have already read to send an email to ILADS.org and have done so. However, I was hoping to get some feedback here, maybe someone who has experienced something similar?

The brain fog and penile discharge are extremely frustrating. It would be so awesome to get a diagnosis of something and begin to treat it. I have been to so many different doctors with no hope in figuring anything out.

One question that I would like to ask outright is if Lyme Disease is curable or treatable? Because I have never witnessed anyone returning and stating that they were successfully treated for Lyme Disease and free from symptoms. What do you do to cure Lyme Disease?  

By the way I am a twenty-eight year old male and have been suffering from these symptoms for about the past three or four years now.
bump
Have you found any answers on this? If not, please think seriously about the possibility of mold in your home or workplace. This past year, our entire family became quite ill with multiple symptoms, (some of us with all of yours) & found out it was caused by the toxins emitted by mold. Many of the symptoms in mold illness look just like lyme. If this is what is happening, you need to get those toxins out of your body in order to be fully treated. If not, you will continue treating symptoms. If you're like me, you are of the 1 in 3 people who has a body that does not recognize it & will not flush it out, because of genetics. Those toxins will continue to build up over your entire life, every time you are in contact with mold (high mold foods, buildings, air...) causing many other illnesses. Most traditional doctors will not know how to remove these toxins. We went through several before finding someone who specialized in mold toxicity & lyme who is now helping us back to health.
What kind of treatment did you use to get better? I have had an array of crazy symptoms and was diagnosed with POTS, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was mold, as I was exposed to black toxic mold for months.
Hey ellezo,

Thank you for responding.

Yes Mold was definitely a culprit with me. However, I was told to go to a doctor (forgot the name of it) to figure out whether or not I was allergic to mold. As I was informed that if I was not allergic to mold it would not affect me. Therefore, I went to this doctor and they pricked my arm with multiple needles and observed the results. They said I was not allergic to any of the items they attempted, including mold.

Furthermore, I spend a great deal of time in a basement and reside there. There is no doubt that we have mold problems. We have a problem with water getting into the basement and sitting in the drywall which has created mold. You can imagine this is why we were concerned with mold.

Can you tell me what doctor I should attempt seeing? I live in West Virginia and it has literally been a nightmare here. I have been attempting to get referred to an infectious disease physician and they decline my request because I cannot be diagnosed with anything.
How do you test for someone that is suffering from mold poisoning?
Your best bet would be to get tested with a blood test for antibodies and the Western Blot. Not sure about the transmission of Lyme sexually. So far, I did not give it to my husband and I have had it for 10 years up and down.
Many people are cured after 30 days of the proper antibiotic, usually doxycycline or Amoxicillin, and some are not for years or get chronic Lyme, but it is all treatable so that the symptoms can lessen. Diet helps also, No gluten, dairy or sugar. Brain fog is common with tick bacteria infection. Do you live in an area where there are ticks and deer? These all help you narrow down the possibilities of being bitten.
My symptoms definitely seem to worsen when I consume foods that are high in sugar. I have just sent a message to my doctor requesting a few of these tests.

The thing that sucks is that I am exposed to just about everything mentioned here and my symptoms can fit everything. For instance, I was just looking up problems like Hyperparathyroidism.

Specifically, I basically reside and sleep in a basement where we knowingly have problems with water that is causing some extent of mold. Also I work as a landscaper and exposed to all kinds of plants and conditions that would expose me to all kinds of insects including ticks.
Hi - I am so sorry to hear how you're feeling, especially since it's so terribly familiar.  I also can't speak to whether it's sexually transmitted but have no evidence that my partner is positive.  I've been Lyme positive since 2012.

Regarding your other questions, though, two of my very first symptoms before proper diagnosis was constant thirst, beginning with dry mouth when I woke up in the morning, and worsening brain fog.  I would drink 5-6 full bottles of water before noon and still felt thirsty.  

I've always had a very good memory and found myself struggling with very common things - like the name of my dog!  I would always tell people I felt disconnected from everything, as though stuck in an insulated bubble or as though I was 20 feet away from my own body, but that never quite captured the feeling.  I also had unusual sweating - a trail would drop down my lower back or just run in a rivlet from my armpit.

As weird as it sounds, I would recommend you get your hearing checked, if possible.  One of the side effects of the infection for me was 60-70% hearing loss on the left side.  I am sure that contributed overall to the feelings of disconnectedness and certainly didn't help the brain fog or memory issues.  I now wearing a hearing aid.

The comments earlier are recommending very good tests, Western Blot being one.  You should also get someone to test for the presence of this antibody:  IgM P23 Ab.  It is a good marker for Lyme - I believe it still may be the case that it's the only antibody that is Lyme specific.  You can actually test negative for Lyme on other tests but the presence of this antibody (your body's defense reaction to the invasion) will be positive if you have it.  Not everyone tests positive for Lyme who actually has it - it can change over the course of a few weeks, even, depending on whether there is a flare up.

There are unfortunately a whole host of other symptoms\illnesses that come from the Lyme tick bite (you usually also get a co-infection, like babesia, and some others if you're really lucky) but a good Lyme literate doctor will walk you through it.  For example, you may suddenly find that you have a thyroid problem.

My reco, always, is to spend time looking for a good doc who understands this thing.  Lyme-literates  will use the blood tests to confirm a diagnostic conclusion so if any doc you see tells you you don't have it based only on your test results, run in the other direction as fast as you can.

Good luck.  And be prepared for Herx if you end up getting treated;  my experience is that it can be very bad with this particular disease.  Just remember, Herx means the killer bugs are dying off so the worse it is the better.

I appreciate the thoughtful replies from everyone here! I am definitely long overdue to figure out what this is and begin treatment.

I will message my doctor with not only links to this page, but detail some of these tests you guys are recommending.
I was also just doing research on where cases of Lyme Disease are present and my area apparently is one of the work. I know that my area is one of the worst, if not the worst in the country for deer. They are literally everywhere by the hundreds if not thousands. I am on the panhandle of West Virginia and reside about five minutes away from Virginia. It looks like this area is one of the worst.
Hey guys, my Lyme Disease Serology, Serum Test just came back today. It is sort of weird that it came back on a Sunday. Anyway, it is negative. So tomorrow I will probably attempt to schedule an appointment with a Lyme Literate doctor from the email that I was sent by ILADS.

It would also be awesome to know more about toxic mold as well. As I detailed above, I have been residing in a basement where we know we have water issues and no doubt mold as well.