Lyme and teeth problems
Has anyone been experiencing teeth problems with lyme? If so, what can I do for it?
what kind of teeth problems?
Not with my teeth but with my gums.
Hi guys, I already am experiencing gum problems...now my teeth just hurt...I had work done a couple of weeks, cavities replaced from the silver to white, I am wondering if it's from that, however I did do some research and come up with dental problems with lyme.
I didn't have tooth problems with Lyme, but did get loose teeth from a yeast infection.  Different issue, I think.

You might give your dentist a call.
Make sure you are getting enough Vitamin D.  Lyme depletes your vitamin D which can result in draining of calcium from bones and teeth.  I just found out I have lyme.  Usually my teeth are strong, but had 3 cavities, including one broken tooth that required a root canal, all at the same time.  Vitamin D levels were very low.
Lyme bacteria can effect your teeth.  I just lost one of mine.  Also the nutritional deficicienies Lyme causes.  
I have had fibromyalgia for at least 11 years.  I have had 9 root canals and 5 absesses.  5 extrations and a bone graft and so far one inplant, which they put into my sinuses and has to come out.   Not to mention the 1,000s of dollars I have spent on all this work to find out it was all the wrong treatment for someone with lyme disease.  Which is the cause of my "fibromyalgia syndrome."  My teeth and cranial facial pain are unbelievable and almost impossible to stand at times.  I finally  found a dentist who get the body is connected to the teeth or vise versa.  What ever, if one thing is out of balance something else will be, unless it is addressed.  Has anyone with chronic and active lyme experienced this horrible teeth and facial and jaw pain.  I know one person described me exactly, even severe ear pain, all seeming to stem from my teeth issues.  I'll try to keep posted on what will eventually work.  I still have hope.  I am a critical care nurse and work in the intergrative field as well now.  So far traditional medicine is not the answer for me.  fiona
After reading these posts, I googled/searched "lyme disease teeth" and there are a remarkable number of hits.  Thanks for the information!
I have had several root canals and all have failed- except one. I had two bridges break off.  I wanted to get implants but read that it's not advisable for Lyme patients.
  I used to have a horrible crawling and tingling sensation on and around my left ear.  I also had what I called "Picasso Vision" where my vision would fragment into three or four sections with strobing wavy lines and flashing lights.  The ear and eye problems would come and go for no particular reason.  My D.O. thought maybe they were migraine auras and prescribed a migraine med that was useless. I began taking Samento drops and Wobenzym tablets and the eye and ear problems have both stopped- Praise God.  I'm still having problems with my teeth though.
My LLMD asked if I had experienced any dental pain as part of my history so they must be seeing it in their patients.  

In all my research about Lyme, I have yet to hear of anyone who was cured without antibiotics.  It's a nasty bacterial infection that can do permanent damage.  Natural supplements certainly alleviate many of the symptoms and help repair some of the damage wrought by Lyme.
I definitely have lyme in the nerves of my teeth. I had severe tinitis in my right ear. It was so loud and constant that I suffered so bad. I have many severely painful problems, but none are as bad as this incredibly LOUD screaming noise in my ear. One day I realized that if I pressed on a particular molar, it affected the noise. It became evident that this tooth was the source of the tinitis, and I told my dentist. I told him it hurt and convinced him to do a root canal (I wanted him to just pull it). Anyways, when he was removing the 4 roots, he pulled out a bloody ?thing? that made him say "wow thats weird". To make a long story short, the root canal stopped the full time tinitis. Nowdays I have problems with the same nerves attached to that one, the tooth next to it, and sometimes I get a much less annoying tinitis that goes along with strange infection in the between these 2 teeth. I have to constantly flush it out with the waterpick.
oh and I forgot to tell you I have had many other root canals since I got lyme. I have had all kinds of issues with jaw pain, tmj, ear pain, etc.. all along the path of a cranial nerve..
I have TMJ, ear pain, tinnitus, so on--all on left side only. It all started with everything else.  For TMJ/jaw pain TENS treatment helped along with retrainer/guard--I have bruxism. I notice teeth-related problems also improved with rocephin IV.