Lyme disease and steroid injections
Hello, My son is being treated for Lyme and also keloids. The Dermotologist injected keloids (on shoulder/back area)with cordsteroids via air jet 3 weeks ago.  That night he began to get unbearable pain in back and knees.  Knee pain has gotten somewhat better but back pain prevents him from activites and school. He also has asthma and has been seeing a chiropractor for backpain.
I am told by DERM. that steroids do not leave the keloid??I find that hard to believe.  Do you feel the shots can cause a major Lyme relapse and worsening of symptoms?
From what I have read, steroids suppress the immune system, and suppressing the immune system in someone who has Lyme disease is not helpful.  Whether the 'dermo-jet' injection of steroid medication into a keloid spreads throughout the body is not something I have any knowledge of.  Your surmise seems reasonable to me, however.

You might post a question to Dr Garth Nicholson, who is answering questions today on this website.  He may have a comment.

Generally speaking, treatment of Lyme is not well understood by many MDs, so it would not surprise me if dermatologists are not clued in.