Lyme Disease Community
Lyme disease and the heat

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Lyme disease and the heat

Where I live it has been in the 90's and high in humidity for the past few days.  My apartment management will not make the AC available until 5/15, a seemingly pointless and cruel practice given we pay the utilities.

I was able to get out a bit on Saturday, seeking shelter in public AC areas like the mall, but Sunday I was simply too exhausted and stayed home all day in the thick of it.  I've had heat sensitivity, where my neurological symptoms flare when my body temp goes up, for a couple of years.  While I tolerate heat better than I used to, the unbearable conditions in my apartment are getting the better of me, and I feel awful.  I'm all buzzy/tingling with dense brain fog, and I'm weak and fatigued.

I need to leave for a business trip today, so on top of it all I have the stress of preparing, packing, and getting to the airport, for which I need to leave in about an hour.  Oh well, at least it will be air conditioned!

I don't have a question, instead I'm just complaining about how lousy this heat is making me feel and how stressful it is to keep up professional momentum through it all.  

Hope others are off to the start of a good week...

Poor wonks!  What misery.  Hope your trip goes well.

I know! It's hot here in Philly area too Wonko. Hope you get some AC soon and have a good trip!

I know it kills you given you pay for utilities but if it really makes you feel better will they allow you to buy and install a small window AC unit? They've gotten cheaper in recent years. it could be worth it if they will let you...

Humidity is the hard part... yuck. But they say it's going to chill out a bit...
My travels got me to a comfy hotel with AC.  Even after a busy day today I feel much better.  A call to management before I left revealed they are considering making the AC available before the 15th, so fingers crossed.

I'll be back home Thursday night and hope the situation is improved!