Lyme Disease Community
Lyme doctor in KCK/MO area?

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Lyme doctor in KCK/MO area?

I was diagnosed with lyme in July, this year, and since I've been with my BF for 5 years it was suggested he get tested for lyme. The diagnostician I see will not test my BF; says he's not taking any more lyme patients.  Do you know a good lyme doctor we can go to, so that my BF can get tested and I can get treatment while we continue to see the diagnostician to find out what else is wrong with me.

We live is KS near Kansas City, KS/MO.

Any help would be appreciated.
Will send you a private message with a suggestion.  
And ... here is a list of websites, many of which have referral functions:

ilads [dot] org
lymediseaseassociation [dot] org
truthaboutlymedisease [dot] com
lymenet [dot] org
chroniclymedisease [dot] com

Please let me know of a good dr in the KCMO area I went to a infectious disease doctor today and am feeling so hopeless it was the BIGGEST waste if money and he didnt listen to anyhting I said.  I have been diagnosed with lyme from blood test from my regular doctor and all he kept saying is that I dont have.  Confused and feeling hopeless
There is a well known Lyme doc in Columbia MO named Charles Crist.  google/search him and you'll find his website and a bunch of stuff.  A while back someone who had seen him said he wasn't their fave, but I don't know any more than that.  I think he used to have an office in Springfield too, but not sure now.

These websites have or had doc referral functions on them:

ilads [dot] org
lymediseaseassociation [dot] org
truthaboutlymedisease [dot] com
lymenet [dot] org
chroniclymedisease [dot] com

And another way to go about it is to simply search something like "Kansas City LLMD" and see what you get.  It will take a little sifting and digging, and maybe another try or two to find one you click with ... but it's worth it.

About your ID doc experience:  yeah, I hear you.  Been there, done that.

Like it's not bad enough being sick, ya gotta put with the disbelief and disregard from the docs.  I'm looking forward to the day when these bozos have to eat their stethoscopes in penance.

Hang in there.  You're on the right road.