Lyme Disease Community
Lyme with anxiety usually indicates a coinfection
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lyme with anxiety usually indicates a coinfection

I hadn't realized that Lyme with significant anxiety usually indicates a coinfection, most often Bartonella or Babesia.  I knew first hand that Bartonella could cause anxiety, but I didn't realize Babesia could, too.

http://lifelovelyme.com/2013/01/25/anxiety-or-panic-attacks-got-you-down-relief-is-on-the-way/#more-1427
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Interesting!  I had Lyme and babesia, but don't recall being particularly anxious -- tho perhaps it was a twisted version of anxiety, since Lyme made me exhausted, and it's hard to be both hyper (anxious) and exhausted.

Mainly I remember being *confused* and in a fog a whole lot, like waking up in the middle of a dream when it takes a minute to figure out what's going on, what was the dream, and what's up in the real world.  

That sense of confusion was constant before I was diagnosed and treated.  fwiw.
Blank
That's really interesting. I know when a lot of my symptoms started a big one was anxiety. Though I'm not sure if that was a result of me worrying about my symptoms or if the increased anxiety was actually a symptom.

But ditto to Jackie that sounds exactly like me! I feel like that all the time. Its like I can't think clearly and am in some kind of daze. Its one of the most disruptive symptoms for me especially while attending school.

I haven't been diagnosed with Lyme or any co-infections yet but I'm waiting for the results from IGeneX. It'll be interesting to see if my anxiety could be from something like Lyme or a co-infection.
Blank
Glad you're having the blood work done -- we'll look forward to hearing the results!  

The anxiety was like a slowly rising tide for me ... water water everywhere and all I could do was slog through it.  It started to go away during treatment, and so gradually I don't recall when it was gone .... it just slipped away.

Now that I'm well and a couple of years post-treatment, I find sometimes that I have TOO much energy and it's hard to focus on what I'm working on sometimes.  Better too much energy than too little, tho!  I have to go take a long walk sometimes to chill down to normal.  :)  I wish the same for you!
Blank
Thank you :D! God that would be great to have too much energy, I haven't felt that in a long time xD. I'm glad your treatment went well and you're feeling better :)! I'll be sure to post when I get the results.
Blank
1763947_tn?1334058919
I have Bart's and Babs and have lots of anxiety that I thought was only from the Bart's. very interesting.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lyme Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...