Lymes and Mycoplasma coinfections
This is a e mail sent to Prof Gartth Nicolson,  It could have been written by me, but wasn't.  I wrote a very similiar one.  and his response is below

Dr. Nicolson-

I am  *very* grateful for the work you are doing, but I'm wondering why you are not talking more about researching Lyme Disease.  I'm sure you are well aware that so many of the symptoms of Lyme are similar to the other chronic diseases you have identified.  Lyme disease is the fastest growing infectious disease besides AIDS in the USA, and perhaps in Europe as well.   I assume you have heard the various suspicions surrounding the origins and spread of Lyme in this country.   I have had friends who have been positively diagnosed with Lyme and then  diagnosed by you with mycoplasma.  I am confused about the connection  between the two bacteria, if there is any.  There is so much disinformation about Lyme disease being fed the American  people.  There is such an effort to cover-up the true nature of this terrible disease, and not to find a cure for it.  Doctors licenses are being revoked for treating a disabling disease of the order of syphilis.  Why?  In two recent studies, a very high percentage of people previously diagnosed with Fibromyalgia Syndrome were found to be positive for Lyme disease.   And yet, doctors are made to feel more comfortable diagnosing people with a 'syndrome' like Fibromyalgia with no known cause, than with Lyme Disease  which has a definite cause.   Considering all the suffering, disability, and even death caused by Lyme Disease, I am wondering if you are interested in the fight against it? I am curious why it is not even mentioned on your website?  I thank you for your time and consideration.  I know you are doing  important and difficult work for which you have sacrificed much.

RESPONSE:

WE ARE TRYING VERY HARD TO DO ALL THAT WE CAN ON LYME DISEASE AND OTHER CHRONIC INFECTIONS. WE NOW OFFER PCR TESTING AND ANTIBIODY TESTING FOR LYME DISEASE MICROORGANISMS.  WE ARE COUNCILING PATIENTS WITH THESE AND OTHER INFECTIONS ON TREATMENT, DIET, SUPPLEMENTS, ETC.  AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE PCR TESTS THAT WE OFFER (WE ALSO OFFER SEVERAL ANTIBODY-BASED LYME DISEASES TESTS AS WELL), WE ARE CONSIDERING LYME IN THE CONTEXT OF ME/CFS. WE HAVE FOUND THAT MANY IF NOT MOST LYME DISEASE PATIENTS HAVE BOTH BORRELIA AND MYCOPLASMA INFECTIONS.  THESE COULD OCCUR AS A COINFECTION OR THEY COULD OCCUR AT DIFFERENT TIMES BUT OUR DATA SUGGESTS A COINFECTION WITH OTHER BACTERIA AS WELL.  THEREFORE, WE RECOMMEND TESTING FOR BOTH BORRELIA AND MYCOPLASMA INFECTIONS (SEE CLINICAL TESTING).  OUR NEWEST UPDATE ON OUR WEBSITE WILL CONTAIN  MORE INFORMATION ABOUT BORRELIA INFECTIONS.

PROF. GARTH NICOLSON

I've written you before about a connection between the Lyme spirochete and mycoplasma, and you know from Dr. Mattmman's work that the spiro can take a mycoplasmal form.  And let us not forget, a spirochete is large enough to be infected by a mycoplasma just like the bacteria used to make vaccines.  Now that all opens the door to an interesting question.  Could some of the bacteria used to make vaccines be infected with mycoplasmas that are really the mycoplasmal form of the Lyme spiro?