Lyme Disease Community
Mid back pain on loads of ABX for Lyme and co

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Hi all,
I have been on antibiotics since July and feel a bit worried about my mid-back pain region.
I am feeling 85% better,Ya!!!!!

I am on mepron,sulfameth,ceftin,biaxin and Tindamax. I also take artesiminin.
What do all the Lymies out there think.

Still have major mental confusion, but overall feeling much better.
Thanks,
Atheana
Glad to hear you are feeling better!  

I'm not medically trained, but it sounds like you are on a lot of heavy duty meds.  I assume they are all prescribed by the same doc; if not, all your docs should know all the meds you are taking to avoid unwanted interactions.

Also, do your docs know you are taking artemisin?  Be sure your docs know about all supplements and herbs you take -- even vitamins.  Docs sometimes don't think to ask.  I think I've had only one doc ever who, when I went to an appointment, had patients fill out a form before every appointment listing ALL meds and supps and what dosages they were taking.  Better to be pro-active just in case.  

Or if your doc doesn't want to play, then take a list of all prescription meds and your supps to a pharmacist and ask them to review it for possible interactions.

About the backache, I would call the doc's office and report it and how long it's been going on.  Could be one of those medications affecting your kidney function ... that's what's at the midback.  Tell them how long it's been going on, and ask if you should see the doc.  That way they are less likely to blow it off.  And don't take silence for an answer -- let us know how you do, okay?
Thanks so much for all the wonderful info.It's nice to be reminded that  we should always write down everything we are taking.

My LLMD knows all the abx I am taking plus the artesinin(mon-thur).
The other Drs don't even want to know.

Tomorrow I am going to my Hemotologist with info on testing for the Gene for Hyperferritinemia cataract syndrome.He said before, why bother...but I want to make sure the the high ferritins(3513), are normal and not hurting my body.

Anyway, how are you doing? I think I remember you from another site.
Thanks again
Glad you are feeling better. I am also on a ton of heavy duty meds but as long as you feel better and the LLMD knows that is what counts.
I'm doing well, thank you!  I pretty much post here ... maybe there's another Jackie.  :)
I had to stop my heavy duty meds last year when my kidneys weren't keeping up. I noticed within 4-5 days off meds that my mental clarity improved. I felt less sluggish, too. I was surprised to see the effects of the meds.
Thank you so much for this information.
I hope when I slowly get off of them that I feel the same.

This brain fog,spaceyness and short term thoughts,are driving me crazy.

I am hoping all these ABX are going to work, I HATE taking them,(as I am sure we all do).

How are you feeling?
Thanks again
I feel worse than I thought I would at this stage, but then didn't factor in Babesia into my assumptions.  I had Bartonella, too, but it seems we kicked that within about 5 months.  While it contributed to nasty neuro and GI symptoms, it seems that it wasn't too hard to treat.  My Babesia, however, is proving much more difficult.  I have been sicker with Babesia while treating it than I ever was before.  What doesn't help is that the meds make me sleepy and sluggish. I am just not motivated to do much of anything.  

I can work up enough energy to do normal things, like grocery shopping and school pick up, but I spend many hours a day sitting or reclining.  If I overdo it one day, I pay for it the next day. I've learned to ration my energy and plan ahead when there's something I need or want to do.

I keep hoping I'll turn the corner next week, but I'm still struggling more than I expected. I think I have a whole lot of Babesia hiding in biofilms and it's taking a long time to kill them.  I am close to the 6 month mark in treatment and I feel like at this pace I have at least 6 more months to go.
I sure am in the same boat. I believe my Lyme is not the probable, its treating Babesia.I am on my 9month of Abx. I also, am weak,brain fog and some time a lot of mid back pain.

BUT overall I would say I am feeling 85% better. Not bad!!!!

The treatment,Mepron,Baxin,ceftin,sulfameth, tinidal and artemisinin.
multi vitamine and B12 shots every 4th day.

I can't imagine what these ABX's are doing to our bodies,but what choice do we have....You will feel better...We all will!!!!!

I would be sure to report that back pain to the doc.  You don't want to inadvertently cause a new problem with the meds.  There may be alternatives.
I have noted that pain precedes a particular part of me getting better.  Most all of the micro-vermin we have come to know as stealth pathogens have the ability to increase levels of an inhibitory neurotransmitter, GABA.  One therefore doesn't feel the pain signals that you normal would as something infects you.  That's especially true if that something is in the nervous tissue.  Feeling that pain is an indication, to me, that the nerve connections to that area are being cleared out.  You just have to tough it out, in time the pain will subside.
tHANKS ALL,
Today is a painful day, nerve connection tiisue problem sounds right.
Stop Tindamax this week and I always feel worse.