Muscle Pain...
Yesterday afternoon I noticed my arm felt really sore like someone had punched me.  Well last night I woke up in pure pain.  I feel like I've been beat up, in a car accident, or had the hardest workout ever.  My muscles hurt horribly especially in my upper body.  I didn't do ANYTHING yesterday so I know it's not from exercise or overuse.  

My arms, shoulders, RIBS, chest, and hips hurt horribly.   The rib pain is the worst under my arms on the sides.  The feel so sensitive and bruised like.  

I called the clinic and they can't get me in today nor tomorrow (they are short two dr's)  What is going on?   This is a NEW thing for me.  It's such a deep pain.    I have no fever either....

What is this?
I'm sorry you are in pain.  If it is Lyme associated, the clinic probably won't be able to do much for you (unfortunately).  

I get a variety of pains, varying in description, location, and duration.  At sixth months into treatment, it is less of an issue.  I have Rx NSAIDs, which I sometimes take, though they don't make a big difference.

Have you tried taking a bath?  I know some swear by epsom salts, a very cheap and easy option to try.  I keep meaning to pick more up myself...

Sorry to not have more helpful ideas, hang in there.
It's miserable but remember it's all part of it.  The symptoms are ever-changing or get replaced by new ones.  I have sore spots all over my body.
So the muscle pain and tenderness can be caused by lyme?  I was researching it yesterday and thought that this symptom is more like Fibro.  Today I'm still feeling sore, but not like yesterday.  Today my thighs hurt bad and my ankles are killing me.  Also I've been having really bad painful skin along with the pain.  I swear it feels like I have a fever, but everytime I check it I don't!

My hubby threw his back out a few days and they prescribed him some IBU 800 so I've been stealing a few of those.  But they don't help much.

Is lyme and fibro very similar symptom wise?  If I had fibro though I would think that the pain would be more permanent...  This is the firs time in the 3.5 months that I've had the severe muscle pain.  I don't know.  

I'm calling Igenex today to see if my test is done.  I can't get a hold of my dr office.  It's been just over 2 weeks since Igenex received my labs.  

Thanks again
Am I going down the wrong path?  What do you guys think?  Do my symptoms sound like Lyme disease?   I'm starting to second guess everything...
I had this new symptom come up after I had to stop antibiotics and I had never had it before.  I had experienced muscle spasticity before,  but this is more constant "fibro" like pain and sometimes my whole body hurts.  I know many  people with lyme were initially misdiagnosed with fibromyalgia.

The two have similar symptoms.  The symptoms are ever changing.  At the beginning I had no pain, just numbness and weakness.  After a few months the pain set in.  Now have more pain and stiffness than numbness and tingling but I still have both.  FMS is just a group of symptoms.  It is not a disease.  So even if you have fibro (and I do.  I have 14 of the tenderpoints and all the other symptoms) you still don't know what is causing the fibro symptoms.
Normally I don't think I have the tender points.  Cause I haven't had this kind of pain at all until now.  The muscle pain has got a bit better in the last day, but my thighs hurt now.  I bet I would have the pressure points now though.

How is FMS treated?  Can it cause weakness too?  

Thats funny how you said that you had the numbness and tingling at first and then it turned to pain.  That is exactly what happend to me!  
My main symptom has always been muscle pain - sometimes 'deep' pain sometimes 'burning' type pain also my muscles can feel knotted-up - like I can't stretch them

I do find about a teacup full of Epsom salts plus some Radox with Rosemary - helps me to relax- sometimes as soon as I am in the water I feel it start to work - other times it can take 'overnight' to have much effect.

Fibro. or Lyme? I thought I had fibro. at first - but it started a couple of weeks after tick bite !  - then I discovered Lyme disease .

I often get the rib pain you describe - under arms/side of chest - it is soooo tender - most of my symptoms have been upper-body - more recently I have hip/thigh/shin pain - my right hip especially - burning type pain.

there have been times when I couldn't stand to have a 'bra' on - where my ribs/chest have been so painful - at my worst I have taken a muscle relaxer at bedtime - 'diazepam' not sure but think it is the same as 'valium' - [only as a last resort].

Gorbybelle, I have the same pain you do  and more.

Skarey, they seem to throw antidepressants at you when you get a fibro diagnosis.  At least that's what happened to me.
yes - it has happened to me too - I felt 'insulted' at the time - like the doc. had not listened to a word I had said about all my symptoms - it was all down to a 'low-mood' !!!