Lyme Disease Community
My apology plus comment on herbal remedies

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

I apologize

I should have read the rules of this site first.   I hope I didn't upset anyone.   Should I ever post an e-mail again it will be abc at  xyz.com (for example).

I was asked if I had tried herbal remedies.   Yes - over three hundred including remedies recommended by doctors.  Some replaced vitamins and minerals Lyme had pulled out of my body (good thing) but none had the slightest effect on Lyme except maybe placebo effect a few times.   Things like pH water where the pH is nine and above.   And sooooo many "secret formulas" to make my head swim.  Many DID replace things pulled out of my body.  A low pH pulls especially calcium and potassium out of the body to keep the blood pH at 7.4.  If your blood pH drops below about 7.3 you die so the body does not mess around.  If the warning bell in the liver says more alkalinity is needed in the blood NOW it will get it no matter how painful or where it gets it from.

This is very common in terminal cancer patients where hospitals test their pH to see how close to death they are (cell pH much below 4 and you are dead).    Here is ANOTHER thing that drives me nuts.   The great pain most cancer patients feel is calcium and potassium being ripped from joints, muscle and even the brain.   They could extend the life of the cancer patient and REALLY lessen their pain by working on increasing their pH.  One of the few times herbals and the like do anything.  Give the cancer patient nine or above water.   Eat a heavy alkaline diet.  Gorge on calcium and anything alkaline.  IF body temp is low put them on T3.   Most terminal cancer patients have had their immune system wrecked and have contracted Wilson's Syndrome.  If so and body temp is low go in steps up to 90 mcg twice a day of T3.   The patient will still die but live months longer and feel much less pain.   As it is today they put them on heavy morphine until they are a zombie then just measure their pH daily waiting for it to draw near four.  When it does that is when they tell the family the time is near and "get here ASAP".  INSTEAD work to keep their pH UP. It is a losing battle but it could result in months of extra quality life.  I have never seen this tried so this is just a guess.  As I wrote before and will do so again I am NOT a doctor!!!   So take everything I write with that in mind.  

I have never found a herb that cut Lyme by .0001%.   Only antibiotics do that.   Herbals have their place as vitamins but not to "cure" Lyme (my opinion).
Thanks for your comments.  You certainly sound like your energy levels are where I would like mine to be!