Lyme Disease Community
My bloods are on way to iginex

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

My bloods are on way to iginex

Hi again everyone
I'm still concerned about ms, (this is what my neuro said I must have as I have been tested for everything else of him except lyme and he doesn't believe it is here in australia) But all my mri's so far have been normal and my L.P. was normal too.
I did find a G.P. on the net here who know lyme is here and I had the cd57 test done and it come back at 39 which indicates chronic lyme, so now my bloods are on their way to iginex in america.
If they come back positive for lyme, should or could I forget about ms????????
I have heard they do not give false postitives.
Its just that my daughter had optic neuritis symptons when she was 7, then again at 9 and 10, she also suffered with incontinence and tingling hands and feet, so you can understand why I need answers.
Also with all my symptons, tingling feet, hands, groin, patch in stomach, tongue, and numb feet, twitching, 24/7 vertigo like I have just stepped off a boat and my head inside is still rocking, burning patches all over, cold spots all over, the only thing that returns in the heat is my tingling.........
Does anyone have symptons that return with heat????????
Melissa
HI, I would be sure to get copies of your blood tests done by IgeneX. I have had two western blot tests done through them.  The first was negative, the second was positive.  The bands they show are very specific and if you have some of those bands, it really doesn't matter if your test is "negative" on paper.  I'm sure others can explain this better than myself on this forum.  I am still a little new to the whole lyme thing.  Anyway, many of the symptoms you describe I also experience.  Mostly the tingling, burning, cold spots and some dizziness.  I sometimes feel like heat makes mine better, but have heard from many others that it can make the symptoms worse.  Good luck in your diagnosis!  Take care.

Ally
The symptoms you describe are not uncommon among Lyme patients.  Everybody is a little different, but you didn't list anything I haven't heard from a Lyme patient.

And yes, heat sensitivity or intolerance is quite common in Lyme.  The disease messes with the endocrine system, which also affects body temp and various hormonal levels, from what I read.

You've already gotten good responses but I saw that you asked about heat intolerance and wanted to add that I suffer from this with Lyme disease.  Your symptoms sound a lot like mine were.  The heat intolerance would manifest in different ways depending on the heat.  Say I was cooking and leaned over a boiling pot of water--that would cause the tingling in my face to pick up instantly.  Pull my face away and I'd return quickly to my "normal" level of face tingling (if there is such a thing as normal in this case...)  On the other hand, if I gradually grew warm all over, say from exercise, the effect was different and all of my symptoms from head to toe would worsen, and it would take a lot longer to recover.

At times it was bad enough that taking too hot of a shower would leave me with no choice but to return to bed for hours.  I learned to be more cautious about heat and the problem has also improved with my Lyme treatment.  I still do experience heat intolerance, but it is very mild compared to how it was at its worst in me.
Good Luck Melissa with your tests.  I hope you get some answers.  Remember too, that if your test comes back negative, you could still have lyme like the others have said above.  Some people must take antibiotics for a period of time before they test positive.  

When I first felt my symptoms, I saw an MD who specialized in treating autism.  She wanted me to test with Igenex but wanted me to take ABX for one month prior to testing.  I didn't believe that I had lyme at that time and declined.  Finally, in November I drove myself to Igenex and got tested directly at the lab with a positive test.  If only I'd done it a year earlier!

Oh well, better late than never.
Thanks everyone.
I have been dealing with this all now since june 2007 and even before then.
I don't discuss this with anyone else except my husband.
You all don't realise how much you have helped me.
Thanks again, will let you know how I get on with results.
Hey do you know how long it takes from the moment Igenex receives the samples until they have the results ready?
Probably 2-3 weeks.