Rash and Muscular pain
3 weeks ago a rash appeared. The rash was horseshoe shaped and tender to the touch. I also had extreme Neuromuscular pain shooting up my right thigh, as well as pain in the right hip socket area and finally in the lower back. My doctor suspected Lyme and prescribed Doxycyclone. The rash began inside my right thigh, and shortly after I began the antibiotics another rash appeared inside my right thigh closer to the back of my knee. Also tender to the touch. With the second rash there was a pinching pain, then new red bumps would appear. It felt like bites but there was nothing visible on the surface.

Now the rash areas have dried up but the pain remains. It is no longer in my hip or back, but the original pain (shooting from my knee up the thigh) has gotten worse and has been debilitating. It is not constant, but will shoot upwards from different muscles in the thigh, originating from the knee area.

My doctor does not know what it is. She suspects shingles now, and will order an MRI next week.