Read the text of Dr. L
Read the text of Dr. L’s remarks at the World Wide Lyme Rally & Protest Friday, May 10, 2013 Union Square, New York City

(This is the doctor that helped Pam Weintraub (Cure Unknown). His speech followed her talk at the Rally.)

http://tinyurl.com/c658q42
excellent article, Cave.
Thanks for that link.
Thank you. I especially like his opening words:

"“Chronic Lyme disease does not exist”.

There are at least four possibilities to explain why a person might hold this view:

They can be ‘dumb as bags of rocks’.

They can be character-disordered, with excessively rigid thinking, and perfect, impenetrable circular logic.

They can be corrupt.

They can be sociopaths.

One thing is for damn sure: they are truly lousy clinicians.

******************************'
[Just to make it clear that I'm not 'bashing' the entire medical profession---- those words are a quote from a very highly respected M.D. He was talking about the authors and proponents/followers of the IDSA Guidelines. There are probably some great IDSA doctors.]

He also said later in the talk:

"When the Institute of Medicine brought forth its monograph on the development of trustworthy practice guidelines, it pointed to the IDSA Lyme Disease guidelines as an example of a guideline development process ‘gone awry’."
I read the article.  It is upsetting, almost worse than the stuff I read in "Cure Unknown."  I literally had trouble sleeping that night.  Just like the recent quote from Speaker of the House regarding the IRS scandal where he said doesn't want to know who will be fired, he wants to know who will be going to jail, I feel the same way about the CDC now.

I encourage those who are still struggling with diagnosis, treatment, and getting functional again to wait a while before reading it. For those action oriented folks who have most of the cognitive abilities back, it might encourage you to get involved to bring this house of cards down.
"For those action oriented folks who have most of the cognitive abilities back, it might encourage you to get involved to bring this house of cards down."

I support that completely. But my cognitive abilities are in the toilet too, I just can't abide not facing facts.

I will NOT let this disease get me down.

For people who are anxiety-ridden---- I was too and still 'fought'. But I can understand completely not wanting to. Take care of yourself, first.