Response: No, being broke isn't a death sentence
Just wanted to put a balancing title above the message titled 'being broke must be a death sentence'.  

Lyme is certainly no walk in the park, and working while having Lyme can be difficult (all the way from disabling to somewhat messed up), but the responses to the 'death sentence' comment indicate some ways to find financial assistance for those who are truly in need.

-->>Lyme is an infectious, tickborne disease that is treatable, and I am not aware of any studies indicating that death is a likely outcome of a Lyme infection.<<--

A common aspect of Lyme is anxiety, and after several days of seeing that title on the preceding post, I didn't see any need to further stress out someone coming here to read about Lyme.  Everybody take care now.
The truth is there are people that die from Lyme either by their own hand or as a result of complications. I just read several article about it.

There is financial assistance but its not easy to get, I am one who tried and failed because it is geared towards younger folks.

That said, this may not be the norm, but it shouldn't be kept in the dark either.

It is worth fighting the Lyme with everything you can!
I know how scared and tired and sick I was when I first got here, and it would have taken me even further down to see remarks about Lyme as a death sentence, and dying or suicide.  

To anyone who reads this:  Be Not Afraid.  Lyme is survivable, and the hardest part is getting the diagnosis.  Treatment is easier for some of us than others, but please do not think that Lyme leads naturally to death or suicide.

There are troubled people who may go that route, but please don't assume that will be you.  Lyme is survivable, and that's why we're here on this site.

--- Be Not Afraid! ---