Lyme Disease Community
Seeking LLMD in Grand Rapids MI ASAP

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Seeking LLMD in Grand Rapids MI ASAP

I have tested positive for Lyme and am desperately looking for a LLMD in the Gran Rapids Area. Does anyone know of a reputable LLMD in the area please?

Thank you
Welcome --

I just google/searched for

LLMD michigan

and also for

Lyme disease michigan

and got a number of promising leads, including mention of some Lyme specialists' names, which is unusual, since they often don't want to 'outed' to docs who take a more restrictive view of Lyme diagnosis and treatment.

There is a Michigan Lyme disease association at mlda [dot] org, and a post says they are also on Facebook.  That would be a good place to start, but also do your own searches online to see what else is out there, if you have the energy and focus to do it.

We don't post LLMDs' names here, to avoid getting them in trouble with the state and local medical boards, but you may receive some 'private messages' (PMs) through this website from anyone here who has some recommendations or leads.

I would be sure to keep my own set of hardcopy test results for anything related to Lyme, because it's not uncommon to change docs during treatment, and having those old tests is a gold mine of information to a doc who knows how to read them.

Best wishes -- a diagnosis is the first step to getting better.  Keep us posted!
Welcome --

I just google/searched for

LLMD michigan

and also for

Lyme disease michigan

and PS, inside that MLDA site is a page of local groups organized geographically, so that may have some good leads in your area.

Also, if you email to

contact [at] ILADS [dot] org

and tell them your city and state, they may be able to send you names of LLMDs near you.  ILADS (Intl Lyme and Associated Diseases Society) is the main voluntary group for LLMDs who 'believe' in Lyme and understand it.
You can also try MD Junction Michigan, go to the Lyme section and join that group. They should be able to give you names of LLMD near you.
Jackie, thank you so much for your help.  I appreciate the time you took to post here.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!
Thank you Mojogal. I really appreciate your help.
You're quite welcome -- we've all been where you are, so we certainly understand.  Let us know how you do, okay?  Best wishes -- !
You are welcome.
Wishing you the best of luck!