Slow & slurred speech
Over the past 4 to 5 years, I have developed progressive slowing and slurred speech plus fatigue. At present, I have lost perhaps 80% on my rate of speech. My neurologist says its not Lyme Disease - but I read that the Lyme Disease bacteria can go dormant. So is there any test that can determine for sure that my symptoms aren't caused by Lyme Disease?

Thank You,

HikerJ
Welcome to MedHelp.  I don't think there is a test that can tell if the symptoms "aren't" from lyme disease.  There are tests that can help tell if the symptoms are caused from lyme disease though.

What testing have you had done so far?  The most common test doctors order is the ELISA.  It is a very poor test at best.  Unfortunately, many doctors tell patients they do not have lyme based on this test being negative.  A western blot is more reliable.  Particularly if it is done by Igenex labs.
You could look into B12 deficiency.

Just a thought. Lyme and or abx can deplete your B12 stores.
I, too, have developed slurred speech over the last year or so...with negative tests on all of my EMG's, Myasthenia Gravis, MRIS, etc. tests....what do you think it is all about? I am at a loss.
Peace,
Sarah
Before my right hand became paralyzed due to lyme disease, I had slurred speech, and numbness on my tongue and chin. Does your neurologist truly believe that lyme disease is real? Many dont. My fatigue is only better with drugs, and I have had it for 6.5yrs. now...good luck!
Did you find out what is yet?  So far I had all same tests that you had...all coming back normal.  By any chance, did you have dental implants? It all started around the time I had dental implants done.  Almost four years ago now.  My symptons are slurred speech and fatigue.  Becoming progressively worse.

Thanks, Pat
Welcome to MedHelp Lyme --

The thread you have replied to above has been quiet for 3 1/2 years, and I don't recall any of those posting above having been here for quite a while, so they may not reply.  If you want to reach one of them in particular, you could try sending a private message (PM) through this site by hovering over the person's name and then clicking 'send a message.'

However, the title of the original post is what will catch the eye of current posters, so you may get a response.  Lyme has many symptoms, different in different people.  In the last few days, there were some posts on a different thread about possible problems arising from dental work.  You might scan through the posts here and see if it's helpful.

Let us know how we can help --  best wishes to you --

I found that thread below -- it's called:

Anybody heard of or read the book "The Root Canal Cover Up"