Lyme Disease Community
Spinal Pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Spinal Pain

Has anyone experienced being sore along the spine? I have not had this "symptom" but for a few weeks now but it drives me crazy! It is not horrible, screaming pain just like pinches of pain and soreness along the spine.

It's the craziest thing! I don't think it is from changing the ceftin to flagyl because this was actually occuring a few days before the switch.

What do you all think?
Yes I have pain all over my spine.  This is a constant symptom for me.  It hurts to touch.  Sometimes it's excrutiating like a knife.  It's from the neck down to about my waist level and all around my shoulder blades.  It all over my ribs in the back as well.
Is this a healing sign you think or just an annoyance?
I don't think it's healing as mine improves when I'm feeling better.
I have something like that in my neck. I researched it and basically tried a few "common sense" suggestions.

Try and sleep on my back.
Use a flatter pillow.

The night I found these suggestions, I was crying and in pain. I tried these techniques and couldn't believe it made an immediate difference.

My spine pops since I got Lyme -- and feels "dry". Weird!

Sorry I can't be more help.
I think it's from the nerves being irritated where they come out of the spine.  Even after the worst of the pain in arms, legs, back, neck and head passed, I still would have very stiff and acheing lower back and somewhat lower legs and arms [below knees and elbows].  With treatment, that is going away and some days is completely gone.

An increasingly warm ==> hot shower in the morning helps take away the acheing.  (Mornings are always the worst for me.)  

My neck cracks off and on, at the base of my skull.  Probably inflammation.

I think it's a disease sign, and also a Herxing sign.

Ditto what Jackie said.  I think it's inflammation of the spinal nerve roots.