Swine Flu (H1N1) Vaccine. Get it or no?
I am a health care worker and the hospital is really pushing us to all get the vaccine.  Today, they have some on hand and want me to get it.  I don't think I should, but I don't know.  Is it riskier to be seeing patients and get the swine flu or riskier to voluntarily be exposed via vaccine!?  This is scary!

I read about the vaccine and they "say" it is dead virus in the shot.  But, I have heard thru the grapevine of some people getting sick from it and even some deaths.  Again, that may be just like any other med/vaccine - somebody in the multitudes is going to get sick or have a weird reaction.

Could you guys weigh in?  Any word from you LLMDs?  We may have touched on this before, but blame my Lyme fog:)
I'm not getting it.  
Get it. Riskier to be seeing patients and get the swine flu.

Yeah I'm not sure how a virus can be "dead" when viruses aren't technically "alive" in the first place. I suppose they change something that makes it non replicating. Might be something to research more into.

This year I've gotten two bacterial vaccines, the PneumoVax last spring, and a Tetanus Pertussis booster last week. I had mild reactions to both that last almost two weeks, the Tetanus Whooping cough booster gave me a little more of a reaction, but for the immune system to make antibodies there has to be an inflammatory process. My arm is still a little sore a week later.

I have been holding out on the flu shot, but the more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards getting it. I might call in tomorrow and ask about getting it beings I have chronic health problems, I was going to call in anyway to ask about blood results. If I get it I'll report back. If I don't take the big dirt nap though you have to get it too. :) Deal ? ~Corvin
I have had problems with vaccine reactions too.  I'm not getting it.

Viruses are alive.  The  nasal spray is  live virus.  The injection is killed virus.
I would not want to risk getting the H1N1 flu and passing it on to others.  If I could, I, would get the vaccine.  Unfortunately, I am allergic to eggs and flu shots are out of the question for me.  
I like your response.  It is always good to do research.
I've decided not to get it, but I'm at low risk and do not work in a hospital as Hope75 does.  We all need to assess our situations and weigh the risks against the benefits.  Hope75, are there any docs at your work who can advise you, and/or can you consult your LLMD?
It was highly recommended by my LLMD to not get either the Seasonal flu nor the H1N1 fle vaccines.  She said I could have a relapse.  BUT it is ultimately your decision.  If I would get one I would opt for the shot and not the mist since the mist is live virus.. what does your LLMD say about this...
I called in today, and I can't even get the H1N1. The nurse said the H1N1 is mandated by the state and is only available to kids, pregnant women, and health care workers, and they don't even have any regular flu vaccine. This was my primary clinic I talked to, I could call my pulmonology clinic and ask them but I'm sure they'll just tell me the same thing.

So why did they ask me about getting a flu shot four different times. I give up :)

I failed you Hope :(
LOL, it's okay Corvin.  I did get the regular flu shot and had some mild symptoms, but overall okay I think.  I need to call my LLMD and ask what he thinks.  I will do it tomorrow and report back to you guys.  

My instinct is to not get it, b/c I am in the middle of a pressure headache and ringing that has lasted a week!  If I'm this symptomatic, I don't think it's a good idea right now.  I don't know!  It's a gamble, for sure.
So.  How did it go w/ your LLMD, what did he/she suggest in regards to the shot and your symptoms?

Hi, would you believe I forgot to ask him?  Oops!  Oh well, I'm pretty sure i don't want it.  I am going to post how my visit went on the board.  Sorry about the delay in my response.  I am sooo tired and busy since I got back from the LLMD.