Lyme Disease Community
The worst I have felt in years

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

The worst I have felt in years

I just got back from my daughter's wedding. A happy occasion was pure hell for me. I had to fly up to DC, I used a wheel chair in aiports and walked with my cane but the pain from my back was so excruciating that I couldn't even wait for them to cut the cake, I had to leave and lay down, I guess I am venting and in need of an uplifting talk from someone because I am so darn depressed right now.
Hey, congratulations!  You got to the wedding, you got thru the airport, thru the wedding, and your kid is successfully launched into marriage.

In anybody's book, you done GOOD.  I'd be exhausted physically and emotionally too, so cut yourself some slack!  Take it easy for a few days.
Thanks Jackie. I am always telling everyone to be positive but this excruciating pain has me down. I hope rest makes the difference.
Pain is awful, exhausting and depressing. But as Jackie said, you got there!  And eventually, that will be your primary memory as you look back on it. Just keep reminding yourself that you will get better! :)
Hey M,

Just read this and so sorry you didn't get to enjoy your daughter's wedding because of all this, that stinks!!   The main thing, like everyone else said and you know yourself due to usually being positive is you were able to be there with/for her, no matter how you were feeling.  That's what Mom's do and we put our kids first.  You're a good Mom!!  I'm sure that made her VERY happy!!  I hope you're feeling better now and a little bit more everyday, we'll all get there :)
Thanks gambs1, I didn't get to see her cut the cake or throw the bouquet but she understands, I am the one that feels bad and hates this illness .
Sending you a virtual hug :)
Right back at you. Thanks