Today a little better today!! :)
Hi All~

thanks for posting all your responses to my ranting, venting yesterday. Today I feel somewhat ok although tired and a little achy.

I have a question~~How many of you follow a yeast, wheat free diet as prescribed by your doctor? Mine has put me on this last week. I find it very restricting but hey,,if it works,,,then so be it.

Look forward to hearing from you. JKV44
Good to hear you're feeling better.  We all go up and down, and usually when we least expect it.  :)

I put myself on a yeast-free, sugar-free and grains-free diet 3 months ago -- I got a yeast infection that was giving me serious bloating and brain fog.  It just seemed like Lyme, but it was yeast.  It was a little hard the first couple of days, but I've adjusted to it very well.  

Did your dr say why s/he put you on that diet?  

Hi Jackie,
just got back from the doctor and said I need to be seen every two weeks. I'm on biaxin as well as omnicief for the lyme.

I just hope that my primary doctor will do the prescriptions because omnicef without help is 300 dollars. Yikes!!!! I guesss I could always get a second job!!!

any suggestions on how to fund this pursiut of health??? Jance
My LLMD does not take insurance, but my insurance includes prescription coverage regardless.  It probably varies plan to plan, mine covers Rx's regardless of what doctor wrote them.

My most expensive abx so far has been Factive, at over $10/pill.  I spend ~$50/month on supplements.  Phone consults with my LLMD are not that bad, but office visits, esp. if they run any tests, can be a hit.

For me, the biggest financial burden comes from the fact that I reduced my work schedule down to part-time due to health, for (so far) all of 2009.  So a lot of lost income.  I'm too sick/tired to work one full job, let alone get another!  But I suppose we all do what we need to do.  Thankfully, I get by.

I never did IV and don't know much about the cost of that, but it can be very high if not covered by insurance.

A lot of Lyme patients struggle with this aspect of treatment.  It's frustrating and I don't think there is a single answer that can work for all.