Lyme Disease Community
Vertigo bad amongst other things

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Vertigo bad amongst other things

Hi Everyone:

Ness sent me an article the other day about herxing.  I've seen this before, but only now, can I truly relate to it.  One thing it says is that if your symptoms don't flair by a lot, then your ABX aren't attacking the lyme.

Since I've started my new meds, I've had the worst Vertigo/Dizziness.  Also yesterday, I had a numb patch on my left leg that kept coming and going.  Insomnia has returned, headaches have returned, eye pain is back, tingling sensation under left eye is back, random misc. pains in body, etc.  So, I guess my meds are working.  Right now as I'm typing this, my left foot is having a rippling feeling in it.  Oh, and brain fog.....terrible.

My question is....how long can I expect all this to last?  And in your opinion, is this a good sign?  I had other questions, but now cannot remember them.  This is the way it is for me now!

Thanks everyone!!!

Reading your post reminds me of how I felt much of my first year of treatment.

It is different for everyone and can depend on what infection(s) you have, how low you've been sick, how you treat, and how your body responds to treatment.  For me I felt that it took 9 months of abx to make lasting improvement.  Prior to that I was mostly Herxing and experiencing only fleeting periods of relief.  I will say that my LLMD has commented on my strong negative reactions and slow road to recovery.  However, I'll take it, as I know some take even longer or don't improve at all.

If you think the treatment is working, then stick with it, even if it's not as fast as you thought.  When I began, I was certain that 1-2 months would be  all I'd need, yet here I am coming up on the 3 year mark.

Take care and hang tough.