Who'd have thunk? Maggot debridement procedure
Off topic but found this on a site that mentioned a holistic doctor in MD (mentioned here in another thread) who treats Lyme.

http://drbloem.com/treatment-options/maggot-debridement-therapy/

WARNING: Do not view the pictures on the site if you're sensitive to what YouTube said about the video they removed 'for shocking and disgusting' content'!

I did find the pics (still on the site)  hard to look at. (Big EW-W-W factor).
Would I ever have this done?
It's been written up in reputable journals and I guess if push came to shove I might do it. But------ I'd have to think about it. :)
Holy moly!  That's my holistic md!  I'm not going to view the content for fear that I will never go back to him again!  Since, he's the only doctor who was willing to prescribe me long term antibiotics and my natural thyroid hormone med, I need him.  He's really educated, I mean REALLY educated and darn convincing, right?  Why else would someone try maggot therapy or purchase ozone generators;)
PS he never mentioned maggot therapy to me.  Just ozone which I was, and still am very skeptical about.  Thank goodness, he's suggestive and not pushy.
They've used maggot therapy in Europe since at least Medieval times, probaly since Roman times.
And it's not that wacky either.
In the 1980s they used maggots on my aunt when she got gangrene in her leg. That was done by a mainstream fancy clinic in London. it really worked, they said it probably saved her life as the would was huge and severely infected.
The other thing they do is fill the would with vast amounts of sugar, which absorbs all the fluid and dries it right out. That method is known to have been used by the ancient Egyptians.
I realize it's not 'wacky' when done by a reputable doctor with the expertise. I didn't mean to suggest it was, sorry if it seemed as if I were. The 'sugar' thing? I've never heard of that---- but that is probably just one of thousands of things I've never heard about.

About ozone therapy---- it's wise to be skeptical about it. But it might be a good way to lose weight---- in your wallet.

If a person just drinks the ozone water-------- the tiny amount that actually gets into the body from that can be done for nothing---- by just taking several deep breaths.

One of the cleverest selling sites I've seen in many years is this one:

http://www.waterbenefitshealth.com/ozonated-drinking-water.html#INV

It presents the advantages and  disadvantages of ozone (water or generators in the home) and yet underneath it's actually promoting/selling 'stuff'--- but in a very subtle way. Kudos to the site for being sneaky about selling.

One reviewer, who understands chemistry, said:

" Ozone creates reactive oxygen species aka free radicals (hydrogen peroxide, superoxides, hydroxides). It is a criteria air pollutant generated from NOx and VOC emissions and a component of smog. Your body naturally produces free radicals as part of its immune system and chemical processes. Excessive free radicals can cause oxidative stress and disease. Antioxidants metabolize free radicals. You do not need more free radicals; therefore, ozone therapy is dangerous.

Ozonated water has a low concentration that won't even be absorbed. You will most likely burp it out; however, it is possible that it could damage cells in your GI tract or harm your probiotic flora (good bacteria) in your intestines. If you want more oxygen, just breath deeper. You'll get 100 times more oxygen in one breath than what can be found in "oxygenated water."