Lyme Disease Community
cancer patient with joint pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cancer patient with joint pain

Hi,
I lost a kidney six years ago to renal cell carcinoma. I've had no insurance for the last four years. For the last year or so I've had hip pain that I noticed mostly at night. Since then it has gotten worse and much more frequent. I was tested for lyme, lupus and rheum. which were all negative. I saw the doctor four times during these tests and he never once examined me. After the tests came back negative he acted like I should be fine and treated me like a drug addict. He also told me it couldn't be cancer because that wouldn't cause joint pain. I started checking the internet for more information and found out that he was either an idiot or just trying to shut me up. I am now trying to get into a clinical trial at Duke. They are working with me to find a way for me to have the testing done at no cost since I cannot get medical insurance and earn very little money. If anyone has any information let me know.  If your doctor is discounting your symptoms find another doctor - keep going until you find someone willing to work with you to diagnose your illness - you deserve nothing less.
Helen
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Good for you for plowing ahead -- your advice is good about doctors who are either 'idiots or just trying to shut us up.'  

Hang in there -- best wishes --
Blank
Hi,
Thanks for your comment. Often people are intimedated by their doctor - keep in mind that you are paying him.
Helen
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lyme Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank