cancer patient with joint pain
I lost a kidney six years ago to renal cell carcinoma. I've had no insurance for the last four years. For the last year or so I've had hip pain that I noticed mostly at night. Since then it has gotten worse and much more frequent. I was tested for lyme, lupus and rheum. which were all negative. I saw the doctor four times during these tests and he never once examined me. After the tests came back negative he acted like I should be fine and treated me like a drug addict. He also told me it couldn't be cancer because that wouldn't cause joint pain. I started checking the internet for more information and found out that he was either an idiot or just trying to shut me up. I am now trying to get into a clinical trial at Duke. They are working with me to find a way for me to have the testing done at no cost since I cannot get medical insurance and earn very little money. If anyone has any information let me know.  If your doctor is discounting your symptoms find another doctor - keep going until you find someone willing to work with you to diagnose your illness - you deserve nothing less.
Helen
Good for you for plowing ahead -- your advice is good about doctors who are either 'idiots or just trying to shut us up.'  

Hang in there -- best wishes --
Thanks for your comment. Often people are intimedated by their doctor - keep in mind that you are paying him.
Helen