Lyme Disease Community
cats claw for lyme disease??
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cats claw for lyme disease??

Hi all! I saw an article by Dr. James Howenstein called=
CURING LYME DISEASE WITH SAMENTO/ cats claw.
Anyone ever use it with antibitotics or instead of traditional/antibiotic  medicine?? And results?? Side effects??

Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I know it is used for the "cyst form" of Lyme. I've never tried it but have heard anecdotally that it works well. Ask your doctor though.
Blank
428506_tn?1296560999
Yes, we've had several discussions about cat's claw/Samento.  There is a "search this community" feature you may want to use to pull up old conversations.

I used it before I started abx and I would recommend it to anyone who is awaiting a diagnosis/treatment.  Cindy903 is correct that you may want to ask your doctor first.

There are also herbal protocols for treating Lyme disease, Jernigan and Buhner are two more popular plans, try searching their names to learn more about their methods/treatment plans.

I personally think that antibiotics are crucial to treating Lyme, at least as a first attempt.  But many of us can't take them long enough to cure Lyme without suffering adverse effects, and for that reason I think that herbal/alternative treatments play an important role.  
Blank
I agree with wonko's comments.

And, if you are currently on any medications, for Lyme or otherwise, your doctor(s) need to know before you try the herbals, because of possible conflicts.  Drugs/medicinals, whether from the pharmacy or the health food store, all look like chemicals to your body, and unwanted interactions are always possible.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lyme Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...