curious
I wasn't sure what topic to put this under but here is my situation. I am 28 years old & a few years ago (roughly 3 years) I went into the hospital b/c I wasn't feeling well...after a round of a gazillion tests the doctors told me that I was fine & that I was just sick w the flu. 3 days later the doctor called me back & told me that I had lyme disease & called in a prescription I'd 2 potassium pulls for me to take immediately to the local pharmacy & that was the last I heard of anything. I do not know if lyme disease stays with you or not so I never thought to much of it. Fast forward to last year. Last year I had an emergency c-section with my son b/c he had a lack of oxygen & he was actually born stillborn. I noticed (it wasn't hard to) a cyst on my neck a few months later, I have had a cyst by my eye before so I just thought that I was prone to them, but I read here that cysts can occur with the disease...my question is does lyme disease stay with you? Could my cyst b from it? Could that have been a reason why my son was born prematurely? Also, I am constantly complaining of ny knees hurting....any insight to this disease would greatly be appreciative. Thank you.
Sorry to hear about your problems, and very sorry to hear about your baby.  

Lyme doesn't just go away, but it can hide in the body and pop up later on.  One place Lyme bacteria like to hide is in cartilege, like in your knees, so knee pain is a common symptom of Lyme.

There is an argument in the medical world about whether Lyme is easy to get or not and whether it's easy to cure or not.  But two pills isn't enough, according to anyone I know of.

The cysts that are mentioned in Lyme are hidden inside the body -- the bacteria create a tough membrane or skin around themselves and hibernate until they come out to party and make you feel lousy.  The membrane is the cyst that you have heard about.

It is possible to pass Lyme to your baby during pregnancy, from what I read.  You may wish to be tested, and have your baby tested too.  Because of the split in the medical community, unless you see an MD who takes a broadminded, progressive view of Lyme and treats it aggressively, you may find it difficult even to be diagnosed.

You might want to start with the MD who diagnosed you before, but if he thought 2 pills would cure you, I'd have doubts about him.

If you google "LLMD" and then the name of your city or area, you might be able to find a good doctor to consult.  No one here is medically trained, so you really do need to see a doctor to follow up.

Good luck, and let us know how you do.