Lyme Disease Community
do I have mercer(MRSA).

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

do I have mercer(MRSA).

I had (what I thought was) a bite on my upper left sholder.This bite got worse.I went to the emergency room .They gave me antibiotics and sent me home.The rash was not getting better. I went back to the doctors.They gave me a stronger antibiotic. The rash developed into cellulitus. I was hospitalized for four days.The hospital did blood work and gave me IV antibiotics.I felt much better and was sent home with some oral antibiotcs. When the oral antibiotics ran out I started feeling bad again.My doctor called and told me I tested positive for lyme diease.I was then put on antibiotics for the lyme disease. I again started feeling much better.This all happened last summer. I was fine through the winter.In May of this year I was cutting some vines in my yard.I burned some of the vines.My neighbor (who lives about half an acre away) got a rash from the smoke. His face was all swollen and his eye was swollen shut.(I felt awful) I beleive I got poison ivy.It turned into cellulitus on my right hand and my upper left forearm. I went to the doctors.The doctor gave me antibiotics with the instruction if the cellulitus continued to spread I would have to get IV antibiotics.It did. I Went for 3 days to get IV antibiotics.The cellulitus went away and I continued finishing my antibioticsat home. When I finished the antibiotics I developed a rash in the samme spo oon left upper arm. It was a Saturday. I called the doctor. He insructed me to go to the emergency room.I did. The doctor thought it looked like poison ivy. He gave mesteroid cream for the rash and did some bloodwork to see if the lyme disease is active.He also put me on the antibiotic for lyme disease.The results have not come back. They should be in anyday. I have been off the medicine for 2 days. I got a rash in the same spot .I also got arash onthe other arm. Ihave been handling some wood for splitting.There could have been poison ivy. I don't know.it seems strange the rash came right after i ran out of the antibiotics and started in the same place.It is itchy.I know I shouldn't scrach it. Ihope I don't in my sleep tonight. Today Is Sunday.I will see my doctor tomorrow. I am 45 years old. I would love some input of what all this means.
Hi! Sounds like lots going on which could be related to lyme. Please read websites with more info on lyme, as ilads.org, LymeDiseaseAssociation.org.
I had migrating rashes with my lyme for several years; only cleared after effective treatment (IV infusion of Rochiphen). Had severe neurological lyme.
Keep in mind that lyme tests are very inaccurate!!! Mine was negative until after effective treatment, over 4 years later. It should be diagnosed clinically, not on blood test alone!!!

Is it MRSA you are talking about? the antibiotic resistant staph aureus? google MRSA and you will get good info. I had concerns about it recently as relatives had dad who had it and died a few days later. They were exposed to it at this late stage, in nursing home. Good luck getting answers and treatment.