Lyme Disease Community
eye pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

eye pain

do any of you have eye pain?  mine feels like somebody is taking their finger and slowly pushing into my eye. its a deep slow pain. kinda like a brain freeze. it just hurts. i have had it for a long time, but it seems like when im herxing its worse.  let me know
Mine was more like needles in my eyes.  It lasted for months. My eyes were bright red too.
Yes to eye pain!  It started while I was undiagnosed and really scared me that I had a neurological disorder, as my retinas and eyes themselves were normal.  I was really surprised when I started reading about Lyme and patient experiences how common eye pain is with this disease.

While still undiagnosed, I started to notice slight pain upon moving my eyes, then flashing lights in my peripheral vision.  Then I got deep stabbing pain that felt to originate behind my eyeballs.  That progression was probably over about 2 months.  I would wake up during the night with it, and it was really scary.  I was so worried about going blind or suffering serious permanent damage.  But I had my eyes thoroughly checked out several times, and no one could find a culprit.

I still get this, but it is much less severe (I'm at 9.5 months of antibiotic treatment).  I've read that the Lyme bacteria like viscous media such as the eyes.  I rationalize (that is, I guess!) that this causes some inflammation in the eyes that then causes these weird and painful symptoms.

For me it would also be worse during a Herx.
i have another question for you guys,i talked to a guy here locally that has lyme and we were talking about floaters in your eye, he ask me what i saw when i see them i told him that they looked like worms with a tail,he said thats right they are the lyme the spirochete hope i spelled that right. has anybody else ever heard this, he is right thats what i see the funny thing is they are starting to go the only time i have them is during a herx. please let me know  
I have numerous floaters exactly as you described.  I don't think they are really spirochetes even though they look like worms.  I think they are particles in the vitreous fluid.
Gosh, Patsy thanks for posting that, I was really getting worried.  Yes, I developed my floaters right after my doxy treatment.  I'll never forget it it was snowing and I was on the phone and told the person I have to go wash my eyes, had mascara in it.  OMG I worked on them for an hour. Went to the Dr, developed floaters.  I had just been diagnosed with lyme a few weeks before that.  I think it's the lyme too