Lyme Disease Community
itching

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

itching

I have terrible itchy palms and soles of feet - its not a abx. reaction - just wondered if anyone else gets this - also other parts of my body itch but not as bad - there is no spots and unless I scratch really hard - its not even red!!

this is driving me crazy.
I had gotten dry skin on face and was itchy other places I do not know if this was contributed from Lyme or not or even the Doxy because its still going on from time to time. Mine isn't terrible but noticable.
For me it is more often prickly-tingling feeling, but otherwise yes.  There's no rash or skin problem there, it's just a paresthesia.  Lyme really can rattle the nerves and cause a broad spectrum of weird sensory issues in me.  7 months on antibiotics and I'm finally not constantly plagued by such things!
I have itching by mine is accompanied by rashes.
I meant to say but mine is accompanied by rashes.
Yes me aswell ....rashes, itchy skin, itchy scalp, itchy eyes, you name it.... and it itches.....feet , fingers. not all the time sometimes, but rash aroung my neck on and off each day also tops of my arms.
when I first posted about 'itchy hands/feet/etc; - I thought it was unrelated to abx. but having researched a little into 'Amox.' - it seems other folks on this abx. have experienced - what seems - exactly the same itcyness - ie; mostly palms and soles of feet - the itching has subsided quite a bit [touch wood] - something I noticed also was the 'itching' started on day 7 of abx.

I just did a search for 'itching' in the Lyme comment archives here, and your comment was the first to show up.

Am I understand from you all that this is specifically (?) a Lyme symptom?  I originally had Babesiosis and Lyme since at least 2006, and was not really fully treated when I had to stop abx 6 months ago.  All that time I've never itched.

Then sometime in July 09, I think I may have gotten (another) tick bite, and now I have these episodes of red irritated eyes that then clear up, but the skin on my face is so dry it hurts, and I itch especially on face, arms and legs.  Right now, I have dark circles leading from inner corners of my eyes toward each cheekbone, as tho something is draining.

Did this happen to you all?  

Is this specifically a Lyme sign?  RE-INFECTION??  Noooooooo!!!
Red, painful eyes was my very first symptom.
It was a couple years after I started showing symptoms of Lyme that I noticed that my hands and feet would itch like crazy and the skins would 'slough' off when I scratched.

I have even gone to the extreme and used a Brillo pad to get all that itchy excess skin off and then use a deep cleansing lotion to sooth the irritation that followed.

I "scrape" my feet at least every other day to get that itch and sloughing skin off. But almost everyday...I can't stand the itch.

It isn't a 'skin' disorder....  biopsy taken...negative, not fungal either.  

Always nice to know the docs know everything   (rofl)  :(