Lyme Disease Community
itchy rash

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

itchy rash

Not sure if I have asked this yet or not.. sorry if I have!  Anyways, since my first "flare" in May 07 I have been getting an itchy rash just below my belly button.  It starts as intense itching and then turns into welts/bumps.  The more I itch the worse it gets.  When I do have it it lasts several days and may not show again for several more months.  Last night I woke up itching and it it back!  At first I thought it was an allergic reaction to the buttons on my pants.  But now I don't really think it is.  It has no rhyme or reason no matter what I wear and comes and goes as it pleases.  It's weird cause it doesn't start as a rash.  It only turns rashy, welty after I've itched it.  What could this be????  
I can't tell you what it is but I have the same thing.  I get it in different places on my body.  I get it where you described and in other areas.  Right now I have it on my  leg and  forearm.  It was where you described a couple weeks ago.  I get this on a regular basis in different areas. Mine turns into hard, scaly patches and lasts for several weeks at a time though. I also frequently break out in hives.  I've had these rashes ever since the bullseye rash.
I too have rashes that show up on my neck. I haven't noticed the rashes anywhere else. I don't know what this is from. I have noticed the rash since the start of all the symptoms started last July.
I can't remember but have both of you been dx'd with Lymes??  I'm wondering if I should have the dr look at it.  It has to be connected somehow being I never had it until sx started in May 07.  Do your rashes itch really bad?  Mine does.  I'll itch it until it gets scabed.  Gross I know, but I can't help it!
They itch like crazy and yes they end up like yours due to scratching.  I am not sure what my chart actually says in regards to diagnosis.  My llmd said if antibiotics work, then it's lyme.  If they don't, then it's not.  Well they work so I believe that is a yes.  I can't forget my official diagnoses though from a couple conventional docs I saw....fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue.