Lyme Disease Community
itchy turns to rash/ antibiotics
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

itchy turns to rash/ antibiotics

I was tested +ve for lyme in july. Went to an LLMD in September who put me on Samento then after 6 weeks ie from October 21st I started using Minocycline 1tab every other day then after a week I had to increase my dosage to 2 tab every other day. Since 2 days I had severe itching and when I scratch it is turning into rash. The itching starts midnight which is causing me to wake up. I have the itching in by back, my joints. Did any experienced this.

Thank you
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
What did your doctor say about these symptoms?
Blank
737143_tn?1232828298
The dr told me to stop the antibiotics. My body needs rest.
Blank
428506_tn?1296560999
Though I never had your exact reaction, at times I have taken breaks from antibiotics to give my body a rest from treatment.  I hope you feel better soon.
Blank
737143_tn?1232828298
Thank you.

On wednesday morning I did take minocycline. The same day I reported to dr that I ma getting the itching and when I scratch it is turning into rash. But on wednesday night I did not get any itching or rash. Since wednesday night to until now I did not get any rash. I am wondering if the itch is because of the antibiotics.
Blank
666921_tn?1254994218
I was getting itching whilst on antibiotics - it was like a tingling /stabbing sensation - all over - I didn't get a rash though - just reddness on the areas I scratched - scratching made me itch more - if I could not scratch it seemed to stop quicker.!
Blank
737143_tn?1232828298
I did go to my LLMD to rule out if I am sensitive to antibiotics. After listening to my symptoms of rash they did said that I am not sensitive to the antibiotics. It seems that my antibiotic is working for me. So I started taking Minocycline since last wednesday and I am feeling ok, I mean I did not get any itchy or rash. If everything goes fine then from tomorrow I will be starating Azithromycin also. So I will be on 2 antibiotics.
Thank you
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lyme Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank