Lyme Disease Community
lyme -skin problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

lyme -skin problems

I have had a strange 'spot' on my left buttock [near tick bite site] when it first appeared it was sore and painful and got to about the size of the top of an egg-cup - it had a black area in the centre [ it appeared a couple of years since tick bite ] - I can't spare you the gory details or you wouldn't get the full picture!! yuk.  anyway I was eventually able to squeeze some 'puss' out of it - yukkier - well about 4 months on it is still there - no longer painful or anything it's just not going away - it is smaller now but still has a small black dot in centre!!!!  There is no way it could be a very late E.M. rash - is there????    

[I haven't shown it to any one!!  especially not after my doctor lecturing me on hypochondria!]

I know - this sounds crazy but I have seen tons of E.M. rash pictures and this spot really did look like some of those pictures, when it first appeared - the ones where the rash hasn't spread out far and have a black looking centre. I can't recall ever reading about an E.M. rash having puss inside though!!

weird!!

also I get blistery spots on my left foot - same side as 'bite'.  Any thoughts or similarities out there??

-
To my knowledge, the location of the bite doesn't determine the location of the rash (I think I read patsy10 say that).  Since I don't recall a bite and didn't have an EM rash, I'm not an expert.

I've had other rashes/skin problems, mostly since starting antibiotics.  My LLMD is really good about not making me feel crazy about any of my Lyme symptoms.  Since my rashes can come and go, I take pictures of them and show them to my doctor at my appointment.  Hopefully, your LLMD will take you seriously and you can ask about it.  Lyme and co-infections can cause rashes/skin problems other than the famous EM rash.  

I haven't had what you describe above but I get weird rashes all the time.
Do you get hives especially round your neck?
Yes but elsewhere too.
.I have had them on my arms chest , , neck, dermographism, I have treated them as an allergy, spent a fortune on allergy treatments to no avail, ....Darn it I bet it was that Ticks fault.. all these years of thinking I was something else...I have definatly had times when it hasnt been there, a remission I mean, could have been the sporadic antibiotics for other things like the ear problem a few weeks later after the bite . Interesting ..where do I go from here.. sorry I am thinking to myself.