Lyme Disease Community
lyme muscle aches
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lyme muscle aches

I live in the south so Lyme is probably not the problem, but the ticks are espcially bad this year and I've been bitten by probably 10 that I know of. I've had my left thigh aching now for a week. Without the ticks, I probably wouldn't give it much thought, but who knows.

Does lyme disease related muscle pain typically effect the whole body or is it typically localized to one muscle group??

Thanks.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
There is definitely Lyme in the south, and many doctors say it is terribly underreported because of a belief that it isn't there.  

Yes, Lyme can start as a mucle ache.  If you can get tested right away and you do have it, then you can start treatment and it will be fairly straightforward to cure.  You will need at least a month of antibiotics, possibly more.  The "standard" of 3 weeks of doxycycline has a failure rate of 10-15%, too high of a risk considering the damage Lyme can do.

If your regular lab test comes up negative, than try getting tested at IGeneX, a specialty lab in CA.  They find more cases than other labs due to more advanced testing.
Blank
1763947_tn?1334058919
Yes Lyme can start in a localized muscle or all over it varies so much but I wouldn't count out your location because Lyme is really at epidemic levels all over the country.
Blank
1211030_tn?1381140942
you need to get on treatment ASAP do NOT wait for the results as they can take weeks.
Blank
I live in Middle TN and have been ill for the past 2 years when I got a tick bite!  You can read through my blog if you want more information!

http://afflictedbylyme.blogspot.com/
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lyme Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank