Lyme Disease Community
numbness...

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

numbness...

Good morning...Who else gets intermiitent numbness in their feet?  My left toes seem to go numb often..  They aren't completey numb, but have and altered feeling.  Also I notice the burning sensation in both legs a lot lately.  Mostly in my shins.  Then my thighs ache.    It is always something it seems like.  Very unpredictable.  Also I've been feeling like my arms and legs feel heavy and tired.  Driving me crazy!!  

Does anyone else get the numbness??

I get numbness around face/neck/shoulders but I do get the heavy/tired stuff in arms/legs.
I've never had total numbness where I lose all feeling, just altered feeling.  It really isn't intermittent, it is more  persistent, lasting for days and reappearing in the same places.  The most loss of feeling I ever had was on my face, I'd touch my cheek and it felt like I was touching some one else's face.

I do get lots of burning in my limbs, worst on my forearms.  I do get weird pains on the front of my shins, I know my LLMD commented he hears that a lot, I think he said it is a Bartoneela symptom but I forget?

The heavy limbs feeling I used to get a lot, but it's much better now.  For me, my vitamin D was really really low.  Once I started supplementing it (with just a cheap ordinary grocery store supplement, I take 1000-2000 IU a day when I remember), that got a lot better in not much time.  Vit. D is common in the general population and esp. among Lyme patients, and it's really simple to correct, you may want to give it a try.
Yes I get the same thing.  Mine is much like wonko described....it returns in the same places.  I don't have a true loss of feeling though.  It feels numb but if I touch it I do have sensation.  Mine is paresthesias.