Lyme Disease Community
ringing in the ears

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

ringing in the ears

I finally put all my weird symptoms together when I heard a fellow gym member talking about being diagnosed with lyme and she found a lyme dr.  My PCP had already done an antibody titer which of course was negative.  I had to pay out of pocket for the western blot and I am positive in more than 2 bands.  I want to feel better so I am doing the treatment.  The only thing I am not getting any answers on is the ringing in my ears.  Since I been on treatment it is even worse than before.  There is wooshing sounds and it is so loud that I have to keep myself from feeling like I am going to go crazy.  What can I do and will it ever get better?
I haven't had the ringing in the ears that you are experiencing, but it's a symptoms some people get.  Someone else here may be able to answer, but don't worry -- keep treating and pursuing the illness until you are well.

You have, in my non-medically-trained opinion, done the exact right thing by getting tested and treated.  You don't say if you are being treated by your PCP or a Lyme specialist -- Lyme specialists are likely to treat longer, and the more advanced view of Lyme is that longer treatment is justified.  Non-Lyme specialists rely on a few weeks of antibiotics and you're done no matter what your continued symptoms.

Let us know if we can help further, and continue to be aggressive about getting diagnosed and treated.  (Were you tested for coinfections that sometimes come with Lyme?)
I have read that 'magnesium' deficiency can cause ring in the ears - also there seems to be a connection with lyme and low magnesium. - just a thought.

Gorbs