swelling
I haven,t noticed anyone mention anything like this but was wondering if anyone has had this?? --  at the base of my neck on right side just above collar bone - there is a hollow!! [don't know the correct name] - if I hold my shoulder back there is a soft swelling in that area it isn't really noticable from just looking in the mirror with shoulder relaxed.  It kinda causes a bit of tension around that area?   My G.P. said she doesn't know what it is !  very reassuring !

She said wait and see how it is once you have seen the LLMD.  [she tried not to show it - but once I had mentioned Lyme her attitude towards me changed - she became more abrupt] - obviously thought I am a hypochondriac wasting her time,  that was my gut feeling anyway.  

your thoughts would be appreciated.
Yes, I noticed that myself but never asked a md since early on they thought I was going through a midlife crises I didn't want to add anything else to the wierd symptoms I was having. I assume it is due to this lyme in my body and my lymph nodes are to busy to take care of this above my collar bone.  Almost looks like muscle (like in body builders) but to soft and puffy.  Is your thyroid normal?  Mine is off on the tsh level, but fine t3 and t4.
I have no clue about thyroid levels !! would you mind explaining a bit .  It was a relief to see that someone knew what I was asking about - thankyou,  do you suffer with neck/shoulder/rib pain?    This swelling is causing me a bit [more] of anxiety. did yours just go without any treatment?  You described it very well.
My main symptom that brought me over and over again to the md's is neuro.  The specialist kept thinking it was MS but after my 2 MRI's with contrast they were wrong.  I was the one who had to search medical books and info from other people who sounded like they knew what they were talking about to look into dx of lymes with an infectious disease Dr.  When I was at my worst in dec 2006 to feb 2007 they kept looking at my thyroid as this was also swollen (goiter) and my tsh was up but my t3 and t4 were normal.  The specialist for that said keep taking thyroid.  I could barley funtion and anxiety was a huge factor.   Thinking to myself and my primary md, I asked why do I need thyroid if my t3 and t4  are always normal. the dr said  I had a point but it was the goiter (swelling in neck on thyroid behind adams apple) that  she didn't like. So I went back to my MD and asked if we could dec my thyroid med,  Over a period of time we stopped my thyroid even though specialist thought I needed it.  I was able to go back to work full time again after about 4 months. However, I was still sick but I could funtion.     The md I see now said lymes can throw off your thyroid. That was another sign that made the Infectious disease dr see me since my Igenex test wasn't screaming LYMES.  I will try to give you my story when I have more time.  It hard to come by these days.  I would love to help anyone with trying to put a finger on what is bothering them especially since that is what seemed to give me the drive to seek out my dx and demand some answers so I can get my body and life back.
getting answers is what drives me these day's - thanks.