Lyme Disease Community
underlying infections in CFS
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

underlying infections in CFS

I recently began treatment with a new doctor who began with a stool study among many other tests.  There were several significant results but what interests me most was the presence of a strep strain, yeast, and a pathogenic strain of bacillus, along with some other yucky stuff.  The doctor started me on a two-week regiment of neomycin which will be followed by nystatin and diflucan.  I am also taking natural supplements to build up the good bacteria. He sure was correct when he said I wouldn't feel well while taking this medicine!  

In one of your studies you mentioned other pathogens and infections, but not the ones I have.  Is it a case of it not mattering which infection one has, or are the ones you mentioned definitive markers for CFS?  With these new  treatments do I have hope at last of feeling well again after 18 years of being sick?  Would my "regular" internist look at these test results and treatments as ridiculous, and if so, why?