Lyme Disease Community
underlying infections in CFS

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

underlying infections in CFS

I recently began treatment with a new doctor who began with a stool study among many other tests.  There were several significant results but what interests me most was the presence of a strep strain, yeast, and a pathogenic strain of bacillus, along with some other yucky stuff.  The doctor started me on a two-week regiment of neomycin which will be followed by nystatin and diflucan.  I am also taking natural supplements to build up the good bacteria. He sure was correct when he said I wouldn't feel well while taking this medicine!  

In one of your studies you mentioned other pathogens and infections, but not the ones I have.  Is it a case of it not mattering which infection one has, or are the ones you mentioned definitive markers for CFS?  With these new  treatments do I have hope at last of feeling well again after 18 years of being sick?  Would my "regular" internist look at these test results and treatments as ridiculous, and if so, why?

In the many years that I've had CFS (most of those years undiagnosed, but I often sought help from alternative medicine practitioners for much needed relief), I have found that co-infections are common in CFS patients and I presume, other chronically ill patients as well.

I've taken natural formulas that target yeast that have made me had herxing symptoms. And I'm currently being treated for L-form bacterial and also on another natural formula that helps suppress viruses such as EBV.

Of course the success with all of these "holistic" treatments (pre-western medicine I prefer to call them), makes me realize now why singer/actress Cher goes to GERMANY for her chronic EBV/CFS treatments.

Glad you are here and I hope you will check out the fibro/CFS forum. I am one of the Community Leaders in the forum.

Warmest Regards,

~PlateletGAl