weakness
I experience terrible weakness in both my arms.  It is so distressing and literally comes on very sudden.  Like tonight I was fine.. sitting on the floor playing with me kids... got up did some laundry... came down stairs and just like that I noticed my legs and arms were both really weak and shaky.  Much more in my arms though.  I sat down to eat and I felt I could barely lift my fork and it was shaking.  My husband asked if I had low blood sugar.  I said I didn't think so cause I'd been snacking all day.  I was also kind of dizzy.  Well anyways I felt so weak I had to get up and go lay down.  Very scary when this happens cause it seems to come on so sudden.   I've layed on the couch for a bout an hour and am still feeling weak, but a bit better.  I also got this same arm weakness about 2 weaks ago again out of the blue.  I feel like I can't even lift my arms up.  Last time it lasted for it seems a whole day then goes away.  I also notice weakness and my arms get really fatigued easily by holding heavy things such as my 2 year old daughter.  If I hold her for a long time my arms get really shaky.
  Can't figure it out!!  It is a sucky feeling though.  Does anyone else get this kind of weakness?
Yes I get this but mine lasts for a few days.  It's gotten better though.  I'm not sure if mine is from nerve damage related to my spine surgery though.  I have a hard time holding something out in front of me or over my head.
I do get weakness that fits this description well.  More so in my arms than in my legs, I have never fallen, but I have dropped things.  

I am pretty strong.  But during a flare, I can have some difficult fatigue/pain issues.  That is usually when I will experience this sort of weakness.  It has never persisted in me, it seems transient and mostly connected to fatigue and/or over-exertion.    
I started getting this in January.  Mine only last 10 to 15 minutes and also involve pain/pressure/numbness.  I had thought it was a C-spine  issue due to stenosis at the C5-C6 level that was on my C-spine MRI.  Did your MRI's mention stenosis at all?
No I don't believe my MRI mentioned any stenosis.  I should probably get a copy of my MRI results and review them.  
This weakness in arms is getting out of control!!  I'm so sick of it!  It's been on and off for the past few days.  Yesterday I felt pretty well, but yesterday evening I suddenly got extreme arm weakness (this time in my left arm... it's usuallly in the right).  My arms feel SOOO heavy and weak.  I don't think I have actual weakness if that makes sense.  Like I could probably lift the same amount it's just they feel EXTREMELY TIRED and heavy.  This is very distressing when this happens.  What is causing this??  My arms also hurt occasionally especially in the elbows and I get shooting pains in arms through hands.  I had to go to bed last night at 730 cause I was so weak.  I felt I couldn't barely move .... it was too tiring.  

I'm still feeling weak this morning.

Any suggestions??!!  
have you had MRI of cervical spine ?
just read you have had MRI - problems with cervical spine is the most obvious cause of arm pain/weakness

but as we all know lyme can cause just about anything

I have had this kind of pain/weakness in my legs - the worst episode was a few days after starting 'doxy' - it was very 'odd' - I could just about walk - [less than one mile an hour !]

I guess it could be inflammation/swelling ? in the neck/spine - affecting the nerves - did you do any heavy lifting or something that involved a lot of neck movement - recently ?

I foolishly ! did some gardening two days ago - and now am aching in just about every muscle - esp. my arms/wrists.

feels like my muscles go tight/pulling sensation [ not easy to describe ]

hope you get some relief soon

gorbs x
I get the same thing.  I get it in my legs too.  My extremities feel weak and heavy but really there is no loss of function.
I only get this if I am using my hands arms a lot had you been doing anything like picking chuildren up and down or anything that could have triggered it.
I'm like patsy10.  Sometimes, it feels difficult to lift my arms/legs, but I still can do it.  They can feel heavy or sluggish, and/or I can have weird pains in my skin and muscles (in addition to the joint pain).

Between the fatigue and feelings of weakness, this disease seems to always try and stop me from moving!
Is anyone here actually diagnosed with lyme's disease? Just curious or is this some mystery ilness?

some people here are diagnosed with lyme - some are in tne process of testing - and some like myself have got ill since a tick bite and/or bullseye rash but have had only negative tests.

Lyme tests are not reliable - most folks who suspect they have lyme will usually see a 'Lyme Literate Med. Doc.' {LLMD.] - after all other tests show nothing.

thats the general pattern for diagnosis. There is a lot of sucessful treatment using anti-biotics

I'm in the same situation as gorbybelle.  I had the rash, have been sick ever since but have all negative testing.  I respond well with antibiotic treatment but the symptoms  always come back.